...or am I just bad?
I explored more of Typhoon Mountain tonight, getting a few items I missed. Am armor behind the tower, for example. I also noticed something about the area around the tower. It's inhabited by creatures known as Klepp. They live in circus huts that don't have anything in them. Sometimes the camera will zoom in as though you found something, but you don't.
The team enters the typhoon tower, and we now have to navigate the confusing maze. There are two floors in this place, and you'll be going up and down the stairs (and ropes) several times. I'd love to give you a step-by-step of what to do, but I just randomly walked around until I found something. I will say, there are several colors of mushrooms that you will need to activate. Green shrooms open something up, and purple will spin a platform on the second floor. Orange mushrooms are alarms, so maybe don't press them. All of the mobs are various types of Klepp, who are more challenging than most encounters we've done. They still pose no threat, but they have a lot of HP. The EXP and Gold rewards are okay, I guess. There's not much good treasure to be found, but that may just be because I didn't find the new bow-and-arrow.
At the top of the tower is the Klepp King. Godwin tells us to brace ourselves, and Justin asks why since it looks so weak. The King will rear up his...horse...and charge at us. When he gets close, he transforms into a Hydra. Justin finds the answer to his own question.
The Serpent has five targets: the body and four heads. Unleash your best AoE/group attacks. I used Tremor, Burnflare, Fire Away, and Dragon Cut. I got one head down and proceeded to use a similar tactic against the remaining. I somehow left the healing head alive, but a quick combo felled that one. Despite the body still having 400 HP, once the last head dies, everything dies with it. I wonder if you get different rewards depending on what boss body you murder? With the King gone, we can now ascend to the final floor. Press the switch behind the throne, and the pillars in the room will move and open the path upwards.
It's a black room with a silvery staircase. As we reach a landing, Godwin tells us something bad. The legend asks for two heros because one of the heros will die. To attain the Spear of Heros, one person must go "to the moon" while the other goes "to the stars," One is to the past, and the other is to the future. Whoever goes into the wrong room will die. Godwin is a bro, who doesn't want Justin to die, so he goes first. I guess if he doesn't come back, we're to head the other way? When Godwin chooses where to go, the scene turns stupid. He's too big to fit into the mirror. The sacrifice is ruined, and I'm annoyed. With no other choice, Justin goes forward. Before he does, though, Feena stops him. She doesn't want him to risk his life, even if it means the deaths of Dight Village. A bit selfish, but okay... Justin, though, comes up with a solution. Feena can choose for him. At this point, you can either say the Spirit Stone will protect him or that he trusts his friend. Heroism is the friends we made along the way, so I went with option one (or two in how I wrote this).
Justin enters the left mirror and climbs the stairs. He pulls the Spear from the wall, and the entire tower begins to shake. Justin rushes down the stairs, but they fall before him, trapping him inside. The floor beneath him collapses soon after. As he plummets, the pants glow green again, and he vanishes. Godwin tells the girls to leave while he waits for Justine's return. It wouldn't be right to abandon him. As you'd think, neither of the womenfolk want to go. Despite telling them he'll wait, he picks up the girls and leaves with them under his arms. He gets outside, and we see a scene of the tower sinking into the earth. It flashes before disappearing altogether.
Sue, Feena, and Godwin mourn. Godwin even states that he'd kill himself right now if he didn't have to escort the girls back to town. In time, though, light begins to emit from where the tower was. From said light comes good ol' Justin! Everyone is thrilled, but Feena slaps him. She begins to do this emotional sad/happy cry thing. I think her voice actor did a pretty good job. Sue points out to a rainbow that we can't see, and we return to Dight.
Everyone is happy to see us as the rains have stopped, indicating we won. We head to the beach, and the Elder tells Godwin to stick the Spear into the rock formation on the beach. Godwin, though, declines. He says it was all Justin, and he should perform the ritual. The camera is a bit overly cinematic for this, but it's supposed to be important, I guess. Godwin retires from being a hero and hands his armband to Justin. Justin instantly gives it to Feena since she was the one who made the correct call. Everyone congratulates us again, and we make plans for our next move.
We're still looking for Alent! There are some ruins far to the south, The Twin Towers, so we'll cross another mountain range to get to the Village of Gumbo. Between Dight and Gumbo are the Lama Mountains. It's a two screen landscape filled with stronger versions of mobs we fought in the valley. There is a new Blue Kite enemy that is resilient to physical attacks. Explore around to get a new sword that's strong against Dragons. What fun! The cable car maze on the south half was something different. I don't know if it was good, but it was different. The party camps out here, and Godwin tells us about Gumbo. It's near an active volcano, which keeps the village warm all year round. Combine that with the coastal village, and the citizens like to party all year round. The Twin Towers are on the otherside of the volcano, so we'll need to take a boat to reach it. Sue says how good Feena's cooking is before promising to leave Justin and Feena alone so they can swim together. Two teens, swimming! Scandalous! Regardless of the shipping Sue is doing with her friends, we leave the Lama Mountains, and I'll explore Gumbo Village...
...tomorrow!
Did Feena pick the correct door? Without the Spirit Stone, wouldn't Justin have died? I feel like there's something I'm missing here... Maybe it'll be answered in due time. We're still on disk one, after all. Also, Alma calls the people who live in Dight the Dragonfolk. Interesting...
No comments:
Post a Comment