Grind!!!!
The Onett library is at the top of the town map. It's nice being back here, but our homecoming is short lived. I did spend the night at home, though. Rather than return to the Tenba cave, I went to Fourside. Remember when we got a call that told us the museum there was open? Let's check that out now. Bring $38.
Pay the fee to enter the museum and talk to the curator in the back. There's something he'll show us, but only if we bring him an autograph from Venus, the new entertainer at the Topolla Theater. Pay the $30 and enjoy the show. The awful bouncer lets us in, and she gives us the desired autograph. She also slaps us, which, honestly, we deserve. Pay the museum fee again and bring it to the curator. The back room leads to the sewers.
There are no dinosaurs here, so I don't know what I was beaten by long ago...
We're here a little bit late. The rats and roaches are pathetic. Swim through the (other) poo water to the right to get to the Plague Rat of Doom. I killed it in three rounds. Could have done it in two if I didn't Spy with Jeff or repaired his bazooka item, which you can find down here. Magnet Hill causes Ness to remember a baby bottle. There's a box nearby that contains a carrot key.
Go to Dalaam now. There were three statues at the bottom of the cloud kingdom, and our new key can open it. Go all the way to the left. You'll be back here later if you walk out, but there's an armor piece for Poo here, Bracer of Kings. The mobs are still pretty pathetic, but don't let them attack. Why is lightning so powerful? Thunder mites and conducting menaces both use the spell. The floating smoke heads didn't seem to do anything. At the end is Thunder and Storm. I used Poo's Shield B. It'll reflect the boss's lighting attacks. For damage, I used spells over physical attacks and had no problems. The Pink Cloud makes Ness remember a younger version of his mom.
So it's back to Deep Darkness. Teleport takes us to the monkey village, so we need to walk through the swamp again to get to Tenba Cave. Hand the shyness book to the mayor, and everyone is healed. If only it were that easy. The temba by the rock will now move it, and we descend into Lumine Hall. It's a weird maze with two layers that's oddly hard to navigate. We'll need to fall through a few holes and climb some ladders to reach the boss. It's wise to spend time farming while here. The mob, uncontrollable sphere, has a 1/128 chance of dropping a broken antenna. Jeff can repair this to get his best weapon, Gaia Beam. It took me an hour and a half to get it, though. I'd suggest killing the boss first so you can get sneak attacks. US explodes on defeat, so battling it isn't wise. The other mob of note is the fobby. These guys like to gang up on you, but they're very weak and give a lot of exp when defeated. The boss is Electro Spector. Don't use spells on it until you've removed the shield. He did that for me when I bounced a lightning attack back at it.
The Sanctuary resembles a supercomputer. The team walks by, and Ness recalls his dad. And then words scroll by on the rock formation next to us. Are these Ness' thoughts? If it is, Ness thinks about the journey and then worries about his friends and what will happen to them after this. And then he gets confused as to why his thoughts are on screen before everything fades away.
To the left is another hole. Falling down it takes us to a confusing place. There's nothing special about it, but it'll take a moment to realize where we are. We're very tiny here. And now we're surrounded by dinosaurs! These are not the dinos I remember! I spent too long looking for Jeff's weapon, so I quickly found the "evacuation site" to the north that had a phone in it. I'll find the last Your Sanctuary sites...
...tomorrow!
All that grinding got me to level eighty! I'm gonna curb stomp the final part of this game, aren't I? I suspect it's only two more nights...
No comments:
Post a Comment