Tuesday, November 14, 2023

Catastrophic Cooling

Vidna is shrouded in mist, and the streets are empty. Gala points out the windmills that have been protecting the town for ten years have stopped moving. Did the geothermal lava power them? The team sets out to find survivors. What few entities roam the streets are seru zombies, and monsters are now encounterable. But there are people around.

When we first came here, a lot of people told us about a crazy man named Donpas. He has been constructing a safe house in case something like this happened. Now, though, many of the citizens are hiding here, including Pepe. Sadly, though, Donpas is missing. We can't find him, but we can explore the engine room for the windmills. It used to be flooded in boiling water, but it's traversable now. We'll find a bunch of stuff down here, including the salt the mayor of Octam wants. Pick it up and return to him. He'll give us an accessory I don't understand and suggest we visit the town of Ratayu to the northwest. It used to be "guarded" by a hot river, but it's probably cool now.

He's correct. As we approach the village, our ra-seru sense a Genesis Tree nearby. We jump the gap and explore the town. It's also filled with zombies and monsters. Stay a while to let Gala finally get the seru Songi attacked us with. There's also another amber book in town and a note about a chosen marriage. I get rape vibes from it...

In the back of town is a grand castle. There are more chests off to the sides, but there's a strange being in the throne room. It's clearly a seru monster, but it can talk? It hands us the key to the Genesis Tree and promises a key that will take us to the mist generator if we revive it. All this creature wants is to be with his bride. Noa thinks it's romantic. The gate is to the east, and I'll explore Mt. Latona...

...tomorrow!

I did some art training tonight. I had fallen behind, and the new things I learned more than doubled my damage. Noa did over 2000 damage!

No comments:

Post a Comment