Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Vengeance

Victory! Victory! Victory!

So I left the Mercury Lighthouse and went all the way back to town. There's a cave with another djinn on it that I used to make Issac stronger. Then I kept backtracking. I went past the useless barricade and found a town filled with trees. I'll discuss this later, but I got another djinn in the garden via the secret entrance behind the tree stump house. Using our two new friends, new gear, and an additional level or two, I climbed back up the lighthouse. I prayed before the statue to make the waterfall go up and took it to the beacon. The same scene happened, but I noticed Saturno said he's weak.

He sure didn't feel weak. Saturno likes to use fire attacks. His AoE can hit three people for a good chunk of damage, and he's got a single target move that isn't so bad. Vlad is very fragile, so heal him if he's struck. I probably should have put him at the end of the line to prevent him from being hit by every AoE. Everyone else is pretty okay. He's weak to water, so maybe don't give Mia all your water djinns? We'll be here a long time, so don't hesitate to heal. I managed to win just as Vlad ran out of MP, but I barely summoned. For some reason, Mia's MP is always full.

After forever, we'll finally win. Satuos falls down, and the team wonders what we'll do now. Just then, we'll hear another voice. Alex appears from behind the beacon, and Mia is shocked. Alex is her brother! After a lengthy conversation, Alex says he sealed a power here, but it's brushed aside. What power did he seal? I (the player) begin to wonder if these guys are the evil ones or if there's something else going on behind the scenes. He then tells us this conversation was to buy time for Saturn to recover. Saturn gets up and complains about the lighthouse. Being an Ares adept means he's weakened by the Mercury activation. This also explains why Mia's MP kept being restored. Issac whats to finish off our enemy, but they leave. Alex asks if we still have the Area Star, but I lie and say no.

We eventually return to the ground floor with Mia as a part of our group. I think she wants to follow her brother. Everyone else is concerned about Imel losing its healer, but the Waters of Hermes is flowing again, and villagers are drinking it to heal up. This happens because the lighthouse is active, which makes me think even harder that Alex and crew are the good guys. We say farewell to Mia's friends at the church and go to Kolima. Before doing so, though, find a water bottle in town. I think one's in a box somewhere. Fill that up at the Water of Hermes.

As expected, everyone is a tree. We ponder it until Mia notices the glowing stuff on the ground. Suddenly, everything's color changes as our bodies become paralyzed. More shiny things begin to fall around us, and the party panics. A blue forcefield surrounds the team and prevents our transformation. When it's over, we slowly regain our movement and wonder if that was a side effect/passive of Psyenergy. The scene plays out again, but we consciously summon the barrier this time. Two voices yell at us for being immune to their power. Tret and Laurel are mad that the good King Tret has withered away for a stupid house. He's become mad and wants revenge before he dies. So if we want to cure Kolima, we'll need to find the latent kind Tret again.

North of the village is the Kolima Forest. Because we got strong in the lighthouse, none of the mobs are a threat. What we need to worry about is making paths. Many fallen trees block our path, felled because the forest is dying. Most of these are pretty simple, but there's one that's deceptively hard. You have to open a dam to drain the lake behind it. Doing so lets us push more trees around to form a path across the lake when we fill it back up. To get across, we only need to shove one. But there's a chest on the otherside that contains an armor that raises water resistance. Its base defense sucks, though, so I don't know if it's worth the headache. There are no random encounters in this area. Beyond this are the treants Laural and Tret.

Climb into Tret's head, and you'll come to the Great Deku Tree! We'll need to jump across stable spider webs and outside branches to climb up. Don't jump on the same golden thingy twice, or you'll plummet downward. There's a wind djinn on the second outside part, so we'll now have two of each! At the top, you'll need to fall to advance. Find the center point of the web and jump on it twice. You should have noticed a hole in the middle of every floor, which we'll now fall through to the roots system. Here are the remains of the kind Tret. Or not...

Tret's pretty easy. I don't think you're supposed to be here with four people and eight djinns. I think he's supposed to be vulnerable to wind, but he's definitely not fond of fire. After the battle, the angry Tret turns back into has true self. He thanks us for bringing him to his senses before he dies and tries to return the village to normal, but he's grown too weak. The face fades, and we return outside. If you have the Waters of Hermes, you can bring him back to life now. As thanks, he restores the villagers. He and Laurel inform us all this happened when Psystones fell from the sky. So this is kinda our fault... These stones responded to the treant's emotions, which caused the chaos. Laurel uses her powers to search for something. She tells us the river leads to an even worse forest down downstream. She'll ask us to save whatever is there, so there's our next destination. So I'll check out Kolima and Bilbin...

... tomorrow!

Why is the water named after Hernes? What does he have to do with liquid or healing? Either way, I saved a tree at the barricade, so I'm a hero!

No comments:

Post a Comment