We can't save Ivan's father figure person, so let's find the Kalay Docks.
There's a tour group that needs to be at the docks, so talk to everyone in Kalay until a scene plays when you try to leave. You'll find these randos here. Like before, the Silk Road is blocked. This time, though, there's another way around. We can take a boat across the sea, but there are some issues. It's not safe at all. Fortunately, capitalism is fueled with blood, so the captain is okay with setting sail. He and his crew discuss staying home, and one of the sailors concocts a plan to prevent us from being attacked. The captain has a memento that he believes will make us invincible. If that's stolen, though...
It works, but we're dumb. Read the suspicious guy's mind to learn the hiding spot, and we'll ship off. But there's still a problem. If we do get attacked, who's going to defend everyone? The tour group has two people, Sean and Ouranos, who volunteer to protect the deck. Without us even bringing it up, Sean sees that we're strong warriors. He suggests we defend the oarsmen in the hull. Issac, lacking a personality, is down. Plan C is also formed. If we suck, we'll need to convince the tour group to fill in.
This part is awful. It's boring, repetitive, and nonsensical. From here, we'll begin to sail across the sea. Along the way, we'll be attacked several times. Every time, somehow, monsters always make it to the oarsmen, knocking one out. We'll have to have a civilian row, but it doesn't matter who we pick. I don't see a point with it, nor did I see why we had to have the same scene every time. The fourth time we get attacked will be by a Kraken!
This guy was pretty hard. He's weak to fire but primarily uses AoE attacks and debuffs. Mia had to use Wish every turn, and we still nearly got wiped. Kraken can attack twice in one turn as well, and his single target move can do nearly 300 HP if it's focused. He's weak to fire, and physical attacks worked better than magic. After this, we'll make it to Tobil!
But I didn't go there. I saw a djinn on the other side of the landslide in Kalay. The way to reach this guy is to walk about the sea and enter the docks from the north. After this, I still didn't go to Tobil. There's a cave to the northwest called Altavista Cave. The gimmick here is it's dark, and we can only see via torches and Ivan's Reveal. As you'd expect, this is confounded by being a long maze. This is the longest dungeon so far, I think. About halfway through is a strange sight. Uh... "sight." It's an invisible man! He convinces us to find his magical drink thing at the bottom of the cave, so there's a plot reason to be here. The log puzzle below confused me because a pillar blended in with the rolling logs. But I got the djinn! This was the second time the graphical contrast failed tonight. Anyway, get the potion and return it to the guy.
It's Babi, the ruler of Tobil. He's famous is Lumpa. He's down here searching for a way to become immortal and is looking for Lemurians, an ancient civilization. Some things are said, and Garet recalls Kraden's words about Alchemy. Babi knows Kraden, so there's a fun connection. Before we can speak more, Babi's retainers enter the dungeon. The entire city is worried about its ruler, and the Collaso Tournament has been postponed. Apparently, we never had a chance to enter it, even if we went to the city first.
From here, I got another random encounter djinn and visited the shops in Tobil. I found where to spend all those Spin Tickets thingys. It's a slot machine mini game, and I hate gambling. There's more here with these Lucky Medals, but that's for later.Let's see how Babi will let us advance to the finals of the tournament...
... tomorrow!
If you mess up the stupid rowing part, you can find a secret dungeon. There's a djinn there, so I'm suddenly annoyed.
No comments:
Post a Comment