Tuesday, August 30, 2022

A racing fight!

What a weird tournament.

Babi is waiting for us at the Collaso, and he's not at home. We can use a room to rest if you need to. There's no working inn in Tobil, so I enjoy the beds. It's treated like a big deal, but it's really not. Afterwards, had to the colosseum, and we'll get right into the fray.

Babi has allowed Issac to be the eighth participant in the tournament finals. Who was it supposed to be? Only Issac gets to participate, which upsets Garet. Everyone else gets to watch, though, and they can even cheat! We'll get a rundown on the rules from one of the guards. Issac has to run an obstacle course before the true fight begins. We have no items or equipment during this, so everything we'll be able to use must be found in the course. While we run the Ninja Warrior gauntlet, our allies can use their Psy powers to help us cross faster or reach useless items. It's actually kinda fun and different. I don't know if I've ever seen it before. How and where you deploy your cheatsy doodles are up to you. I'd suggest giving Issac Growth, though. The only equipable items on the course are at the very end, but you must reach them before your opponent. Otherwise, they'll take the good piece. There are three courses, each longer than the last, but none of the fights are tough if Issac can heal. They also suffer under the same rules. Ragnarok makes quick work of everyone. Last night, I noticed that the more djinns you use will allow you to summon different, stronger guys. I used four and went a little overkill with summoning Judgement. 650 damage was a bit too much. I didn't find this hard, but Issac collapsed in exhaustion at the end.

He wakes up sometime later. After some mild teasing from Garet, we go see our patron. This is a longer scene, so I'll make this fast.
- Babi is an old man who should have died a long time ago. The only reason he's alive is because of that potion/draught we collected for him last night. This explains how we help found Lumpa with the grandfather of the current leader.
- During a flood, Babi was washed out to sea and came to the City of Lemuria, an ancient civilization. He found the potion and was given a boat that runs on Psy to return home. He's been looking to return to the city for information and because he's running out of the draught. But no ship has found the city.
- You can apparently see it from the Babi Lighthouse to the south, but currents prevent ships from venturing out, the city hides itself from one's vision.
- As you'd guess, Babi wants us to make him immortal. I (the player) am getting bad vibes from him, so I try to turn him down. We haven't seen Saturo and Menardi in a while, after all. Alas, Babi has something to do at the nearby Venus Lighthouse.
- Babi's assistant, Iodem, will meet us later, and we all go to do this stuff.

But not me. Speak to Babi in his bed, and we'll get that Cloak Ball he used to make himself invisible. After, hug the southern coast of the sea until you reach a cave. Make your way through it, and you'll end up south of Kalay. We can now save Master Hammet! The Cloak Ball only works in shadows, so avoid the light. This is a lengthy maze, but there are only a few random encounters towards the end. Sneak your way through until you need to Catch a key. This'll open up the cells, opening up paths back. A few times, you'll have to do battle with a few of the gang members, but they're nothing to fear. Eventually, Ivan will need to Whirlwind away a few vines. At the end of this cave is Master Hammet.

Eventually, Dodompa, the boss, shows up and summons his pet! This guy can bring our HP to one, so expect a lot of healing. I overdid the level four summons again, which went pretty well. He's weak to fire, it seems. I got 900 EXP! The boss falls onto his boss, which leads to an embarrassing scene for the great baddie. We all laugh at him until his dad shows up. Dompa is on our side, and he makes sure his son will change. Donpa frees Hammet, and the city prepares for peace...eventually.

From here, some convoluted stuff happens that probably makes sense if this were to happen in real life. Dompa asks us to sneak out, which is done automatically, and we have to leave via the cave again. As we exit, we notice we're being followed. Fortunately, it's a friend of Hammet. Out of fear of Dodonpa's lackeys, we all sneak into a wagon until we get to Kalay. Hammet uses a secret entrance to return home, and we go through the front. Hammet and Layana ate together, but the missus is upset. She told us not to waste our time on one guy with the world in peril. She means well, I guess, so we get right back on our path. Before leaving, Layana tells us to go to the western continent. But, before that, we finally get to climb another lighthouse...

... tomorrow!

I'm really enjoying the game, but I kinda hate writing about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment