Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Stop burning everything!

I want other types of elemental stuff that isn't fire!


Chapter Eight: Mid Air Dragon Battle

We start with Queen Campbell remembering her first conversation with Sauzer. She tells him of the Holy Dragon myth but says he could never bring it about. He says otherwise.

We then cut to Sauzer in the present. He's in bed, and Palpaleos is near him. Sauzer asks about the dragon, and Palpal reminds him that Yoyo used her power. Palpal suggests Sauzer should remain in bed even though the Resistance is reclaiming lands. Sauzer does, and Palpal promises to stop the bleeding.

We cut again to the party en route to Mahal, home of another Holy Dragon. It's also the birthplace of Taicho. He's on watch guard duty with Matelite, daydreaming about the past. Alas, Matelite is bored and goes to plan with Sendek. He throws his job onto us, so now we have to look out for the Empire.

This sends us to a strange mini game of sorts. We have the option to wait 1-3 hours at a time. After we select the time, an event happens before we can choose again. I waited an hour every time because I'm about character. The first two hours are Taicho lamented that this is boring. But he remains resolute in guarding.
The third hour has Yoyo enter the bridge because she wants to see the sky, too. I think we accidentally sexually assault her, but she gives us a bunch of cookies regardless.
The fourth hour has Sendek trying to mimic the prior event. You can also get cookies from him.
The fifth hour is when our waiting ends. We're attacked by the Empire and their dragons!

The battle takes place outside Lucilia. We can only fight on the deck, but our dragons can take to the skies. The goal is to take out the leader, Brandung. The dragons from the characters in the back kept the enemy in the upper right at bay, while everyone took out the closest mobs in the front. By the time the boss got to us, he was practically alone, so he was easy pickings. My dragons are too strong, but so are their fire moves!


Chapter Nine: Mahal, the Continent of Miracles

We get some backstory on Taicho here. We cut to when the Empire was laying siege to Mahal. It's not totally clear why, but our hero is prepared to fight the enemy all alone. He knows this will result in his death, but it's the noble act the best warrior in Mahal should do. His underlings don't think it's wise, nor does his wife, Celine. She tries to talk Taicho out of it, but he's resolute. In response, Celine casts a spell to put him asleep. She wants him to survive, for the day is coming when Taicho will be needed to fight. Celine leads the charge against Lestat of the Empire. Lestat is annoyed Taicho isn't here and makes short work of Celine and her soldiers.

We're on the deck again, preparing to take back Mahal. Truce suggests a strategy to take out the upcoming enemy. There's a dam upriver from where the fighting will happen. If someone ends their turn on it, it'll flood the area. It's an option, I'll say that.

What I did was let my dragons do all the work. Or as much as they could with the cure sorcerers on the field. I also took Byuu and our white mage outfit north. They took out the cannons and mobs up there. By the time Byuu got to the dam, the fighting had started long ago. Somehow, all the cure sorcerers survived, and I wish my dragons were a bit less annoying with this. They never focus the things they should, so the mages kept getting away with it! The floodwaters only do 500 damage to anyone in the dark area. This hits enemies, allies, and dragons alike, so be careful. I think it's a high risk, low reward play. I timed the final battle right. Taicho didn't get the last attack, but he was in the party for it. Lestat says he's got a whole deck of cards, so maybe he didn't die?

We see Taicho at Celine's grave. He tells her that he misses her, but he's fulfilled his promise and liberated their home. He calls himself a coward because warriors shouldn't cry. But, for today, he doesn't want to be a warrior.

We'll see what Mahal has in store for us tomorrow.

I'm loving this game. Feeding dragons is oddly fun. Maybe it's because there's a chance to see them evolve, but I get a kick out of seeing new skills and old ones grow to level 40. I've done the bare minimum of character upgrades and gone all the way into making my own Holy Dragons. I just wish I could get them other spells but fire. I have enough flame gear, fellas.

No comments:

Post a Comment