I got off to a late start, but I wanted something special to do first. I did a few side quests to get enough weapons and armor. I fed them to all six of my dragons, and I now have six of the most powerful dragons forms in the game. Everyone is either a holy dragon or a dark dragon, and I feel strong. Really need more MP, though.
So let's start a fight. We're in a poisoned cave that's perfect for our new draconic powers. It's a real slow trek for our human characters, but no problem if you can fly. We need to either walk through a poisoned swamp, one step at a time, or through a narrow hallway that closes every other turn. And then we need to do it again before the final room. Just set the dragons to "Go," and cast magic on the poison puddles to get EXP. Many of the monsters are undead, so a wise dragon can do damage and heal at the same time. The goal is to defeat Persona, who has no backstory.
Afterwards, Taicho will take us to Yoyo's room in the middle of the night. Seems sus, but okay. We'll wake up Yoyo, and she'll tell us to leave. As we do, she'll ask us to wait, and we'll go to the deck and talk about the sky. Once that's over, we'll return to her room, and Taicho will tell us he had some other information that he couldn't tell anyone else. After the scene with Goldolf, he continued deeper into the Imperial Capital. He ended up stumbling into Palpaleos. Taicho pretended to be a merchant, and the two men had a conversation. They talked about their love, but the main point of it was that Palpal had a message he wanted to tell Yoyo. "I'll forget about you." Yoyo will run out to the terrace again, but Taicho won't let us follow after her. He saw the emotions in her eyes. At this point, you can grab Yoyo's ??? from her bed. It has a function in dragon feeding if you find all five of them, but I missed one. You should get it anyway because it sells for 30000 gold. As we leave her room, many of our comrades will be outside the door. I don't know why, but the scene fades to black.
Chapter Thirteen: The Magic City of Godland
One of our young wizards, Melodia, and the mini devil squad will be on the bridge. Hornet wants them out because they're annoying, but they're excited to be going home to Gotland. That's pretty much the entire plot for this chapter, so let's get to the battle.
It's a massive city guarded by the boss, Radia, his army of undead, his backup army of annoying humans, and several incubators. I'll tell you know now that these incubators have some great treasures in them. I'm glad I finished feeding my dragons for now because I can actually use these new weapons and armor. However, many are traps, and additional mobs will exit from them. Don't cross the bridge over the water, and you'll have plenty of time to get the treasure. Once you smash the incubators far to the sides and in front of the river, the battle gets tough. The humanoid mobs each have an immunity to one type of damage, physical or magical. Dragons love to spam magic moves on the guys immune to magic, so good luck. And since I haven't been decking out my characters that well, our DPS isn't that great. While the blade guards and magic guards tanks, they can do some high damage with a move called nightmare, as well. I don't think it can kill, but it sure as hefl can chunk an entire parties HP. Even dragons aren't fond of it. Fortunately, a Holy Form Salamundo has infinite HP and makes for a great tank. Once they're dead, you can get the stuff in front of Radia. But be warned. There's a superboss in one of them that has over 9000 HP. It's very undead and weak to holy, so try to save some MP for this. I used my first item in the game, an elixir on Yoyo, to make sure no one died. Radia, himself, can do a stronger version of nightmare, so it's worth keeping your white mages supplied. But without any additional targets, Radia, who starts the battle with over 9999 HP, doesn't put up that much of a fight.
Chapter Fourteen: When the Bird Dragon Awakes
We get to explore the city of Gotland, so I hope no one is too upset we just blew large portions of it up. Matelite wonders why Gotland didn't put up much of a fight against the Empire, and Taicho reminds him that only half of the nations we've encountered so far have. They put us in charge of whatever it is we're here for, so let's go looking for the Holy Dragon. Find the various sundries in castes, boxes, and drawers around town. Yoyo won't let us into the house in the bottom right because Melodia is talking to her family. Head to the top left. A man won't let us in now, so head to the top right. Donfan hits on a woman until Lukia drags him out. Speak to the woman in front of the tree, and Donfan will hit on her, too. I hate characters like this... Eventually, he'll let her know that she's standing next to Byuu of Kahne. This causes the woman to ask us to follow her. She leads us past the guard, and we'll see a woman lying in bed. We know this person! This is Mist, one of the guards of Kahne in the prologue. She's not well and hasn't been since the fall of her kingdom. Matelite will come in, and the two will get to talking. Someone's gotta, and Byuu ain't gonna do it. She'll tell us that she's only alive because an enemy general saved her and brought her here to recuperate. That general was Susua Palpaleos. Yoyo will enter to request he speak to Melodia in her house.
Two more mini devils will smash us against the wall, apparently joining the crew. But, as Yoyo said, we see Melodia and her grandpa. He's thrilled to see his granddaughter again after she left randomly in the night. She responds that he's known for doing that as well, and he laughs about this odd genetic trait in his family. He has a strange conversation with himself that I didn't get, but Matelite, Sendak, and Yoyo eventually join us. When they get here, grandpa tells us a story about the could be Holy Dragon of Gotland. Everyone thinks this could be Garuda, and Yoyo gets a sense that he's angry. Grandpa gives us a clue about Garuda's whereabouts, so we all head to the center of town. Mist is there, I think, but we'll figure out the rest...
...tomorrow!
This is a good time to let my dragons starve. I'm in desperate need of character upgrades, and the shop in town is selling new wares. I planned this perfectly!
No comments:
Post a Comment