Monday, May 16, 2022

We're disrespectful!

Sorry, Kimahri.

Rather than climb a mountain, I just flew to Zanarkand. The groups of tourists are still around our campfire. Some of them hate us because they're loyal to New Yeyon, but they don't have a name, so who cares. When we reach the dome, though, only Issaru is here. He tells us that the horde of monkeys has scared off most of the shoobies. Even he's wondering why he's still here. Issaru walks away, and the gears start turning in Rikku and Yuna's heads. What if there were more monkeys? Fortunately, many of the nearby primates are, uh, in the mood. All they need is a helping hand, and I worded that poorly.

We now get to breed monkeys. In order to do so, find the chimp with hearts over its head. Yuna will pick it up and try to find its soul mate. It'll have a similar name, but the real hard part is finding them in such a large area with a low resolution. X-2 was made for CRTvs. Like so many side quests in X-2, just go find a guide. We'll get a new grid, but nothing changes. Yet...

Gagazet is last on our journey, so hopefully, there's an outfit here. Kimahri and the ronso are still struggling with their hatred of the guado, and you can help them. I feel like we're fanning the flames of war with our answers. Afterwards, warp to the guy in the dungeon and then backtrack. We'll come to an area still sacred to the ronso, Fayth's Scar. Kimahri told us sphere hunters often trample this area, so could Leblanc be here?

Yes. We see two she-goons climbing on the unclimbable areas from chapter one. Chase after them, but there's no need to do so too closely. There are a few offshoots and a floating rock with an elixir on it. I have no idea how I got it to stay... After the tunnel, we can find the she-goons again. Rather than follow, climb higher. We can find a nice ledge to spy on a few other she-goons enjoying the hot springs. They are dressed. Ormi pops in to yell at his subordinates. As he's doing so, they remember the place is supposed to be sacred. Is there a "ronso buggy man"? I don't know, but the ledge we're on falls into the hot springs. Leblanc runs away, and we find a free outfit. Is there a naked syndicate member around now?

And then the Gullwings decide to enjoy the onsen. It's a weird scene, and I don't know how to describe it. Was it sexual? Why was Rikku's bikini less revealing than her usual attire? Either way, I don't think it was respectful to our first guardian. Brother tries to join, but Buddy knocks him out. When the girls are ready to leave, they stumble on the recovered Leblanc gang. Blah blah blah, beat them up. We're now ready to attack the Leblanc HQ, which I'll do...

... tomorrow!

I also freed O'aka from his debts. I had just enough to sell O'aka's wares to Barkeep. Out of thanks, O'aka lowers his prices so much that selling hi-potions to Barkeep makes 8000 gil, so I got my money back afterwards!

No comments:

Post a Comment