This place sucks. It represents an 11000-year-old government, meaning it's ripe with bureaucracy and time wastes. There's a reason no one likes politics.
The way to the Sigil is locked off behind a robotic guardsman who won’t allow us passage because it’s against the law. To get anything done and change the law, you first need to stand in line at the Law Legislation Office. When our chance comes up, we answer “no” then select “...yes” and put in the correct law number. Law numbers are stated by various guards throughout the dungeon, so input the one you desire. After that, return to the center and go to the Law Factory. Afterwards, go to the Law Launcher. To make matters annoying, hostile guards are blocking our passage that we need to avoid. They’re easy to do, but since I ended up having to do this twelve times, I got real sick of it. If you’re touched by a guard, you’re thrown in jail. Kongol, who’s too heavy to be teleported, breaks us out, so it’s not a big deal until you’ve done it twenty times because you keep getting stuck on the aide of the paths!
It’s actually an interesting idea for a dungeon...the first time. It quickly becomes tedious when you learn you can’t change more than one law at a time and only need to change two to advance. The following took me two and a half hours:
Initial exploration trying to figure out the layout and gimmick;
Doing it again, making sure I didn’t miss anything;
Looked up a guide;
Changing a law, so I don’t need to wait in line and taking it to correct locations;
Changing a law to allow humans to go to the Sigil and taking it to the correct locations;
Going to the Sigi;
Changing one more law to let us go to tomorrow’s dungeon and taking it to the correct locations.
Red tape is a great idea, and I don’t even think this is poor execution, but I was not having fun.
When we do reach the Sigil, we’re attacked by another Giant Robot Guard who summons three angel looking things to attack us. As I should have guessed by the excessive black enemies in the dungeon, Rose was a bad call here. Miranda probably would have worked the best, seeing as her white magic would lay waste to the three black elemental bosses. Regardless, they never stood a chance. The woman on the right can use status effects and heal, so take her out first. The guy on the left kills a player when he dies, which is why Rose lost out on more boss EXP. I don’t think the guy in the middle does anything.
When the dust settles, the party walks into where the Sigil is. We see that Zieg, now with flight, has already destroyed it, using those guards as a distraction. As he flies off, Rose declares that’s not Zieg but has no idea who else he could be.
We then return to the entrance, get told by our wings that he can’t take us to Mayfil, get told the teleporter can, and change the law to let us use it. And head there I shall...not tomorrow!
I think I’m gonna finish the side quests tomorrow. I got the rest of the Stardusts and do want to help Shirley at her tower, so that’s what I’ll do. I should be able to blast last the final two dungeons in the days after. I didn’t think this playthrough would take so long, which is both a blessing and a curse. I’m glad I’m still enjoying it after 45 hours. It’s a good game with enough to sink your teeth into, but, man, would my readers be annoyed if I had any! If only I wasn't sick the first week...
No comments:
Post a Comment