I spent three hours maxing out Dart, Rose, and Miru’a Additions. I got some for Albert and whatever it is is you do with Miranda too. I didn’t plan on it being three hours, but what can ya do? I did do some plot advancement, though.
The party enters the Cashua Glacier. It’s an area that, if were in a platformer, everyone would hate. The floor is ice, so every step you take slides you a little further than you planned. Fortunately, there’s no platforming or exact button pressing to navigate, so it’s just a neat eccentricity. It’s filled with a lot of blue and orange mobs, so equip Dart with the Heat Blade, which you can find a copy of in a chest near the entrance.
As we enter, a few characters remark how cold it is. No one is wearing a lot of clothing, so I’m amazed no one’s frozen already. Meru, wearing barely more than a bikini, is most vocal, with Haschel a close second. Miranda reveals that she often comes here to think and deal with loneliness. As someone who appreciates the cold, I can understand this. There was a time when I would only leave the house when it snowed. She also says that Theresa isn’t her real mother. She was abandoned as a child, and the Queen took her in and treated her like a real daughter. After a quick pause, the party goes on.
There’s not much here, other than two shopkeepers for some reason. They’re as shocked to see customers as you’d expect. Restock, upgrade, and advance forward. Soon, you reach an area where the party hears a scream, and Kongol says something bloodthirsty is coming. We’re then attacked by a Wendigo.
This poor, poor, sweet baby never knew what it got into. All the grinding I did made Rose deal 800 damage per attack. Worse still, after killing the Divine Dragon, Dart learned his last magic attack where he summons the red dragon. It does 1800 damage! Dart’s Dragoon attack does 1000, so the poor Wendigo never stood a chance. Numbers in LoD tend to be small, so when you hit 1000, it feels like an accomplishment, To say nothing of hitting nearly 2000 a turn later. It eventually opens up its heart to us, but I couldn’t figure out what it meant.
Killing the beast opens up the way to Tower of Flanvel, an ancient Wingly fort that now houses the Moon Mirror. I’ll climb that tomorrow!
Combat is tun, but I wish our White Dragoons were better in this realm. No Additions, low stats, and healing isn't even a unique skill for them. Rose has been my healer, but Meru recently learned Rainbow Breath, which does a full heal for the whole team. What’s the point of Shana/Miranda? Plot relevancy only takes you so far. Regardless, Dart’s on his last Addition, and Meru has one more. We’re nearly at full power. FEAR US! Some lite skimming of RPGClassics indicates I’m nearing the end of disk three, which I’ll try to do tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment