The fishing is automated!
While Nina and Ryu have a date, Fou walks into the house he built. He easily defeats two guards that block the main gate and walks into the magical elevator. Waiting for him is that summoner fella. He still owes his allegiance to the current, Thirteenth Emperor, Soniel. Because of this, he attacks us.
We need to fight two straight bosses, and this can get rough. I probably didn't need to, but I waited for the last moment to change into a dragon. The first I used was Serpent, which evolved into something stronger. I only used the breath attack, and it went smoothly. The second fight was against another moth, and I used Behemoth with the same tactics. I had just enough AP to do this. The summoner, whose name is Yohm, finally accepts defeat. Fou-lu has regained all his strength. As penance for standing before the true leader of the Fou Empire, Yohm sets himself on fire. Fou remakes again on mortal thoughts. There's a bedroom to rest and save in if you go around the elevator, and I suggest you use it.
We (the player) see a scene where we finally meet the current emperor, Soniel. Yuna enters, and the two discuss what's about to come. They believe they're ready for Fou. Soniel has the Dragonslayer, and Yuna has an anti-magic field.
After Fou kills two more guards, Yuna locks him in his field. But Fou puts up a fight. You have to transform to do any damage, and I used Astral's Eraser. It breaks the barrier, and Fou quickly wins. Yuna, knowing he's beaten, poofs away.
Fou meets the current squatter. I don't remember the specifics, but the two get close, and Soniel plunges the Dragonslayer sword into the side of Fou. Soniel claims victory, but Fou laughs...
We return to Ryu, who sucks at fishing, too. Nina opens her heart to him while he goofs off, but it's nothing directed towards him. Nina loves Cray. But she's always seen her sister marrying Cray, so she stood back. She also wonders if it's love or respect. During the journey, Nina's seen Cray struggle with normal human emotions, but she doesn't say how that's affected her feelings. Either way, Ryu's fishing skills are embarrassing, so she suggests they return to camp. Scias is enjoying the island, and Ershin is relaxed, knowing Ryu can't die before completing his fate. Ursula is absorbed in her gun and knows worrying about the tide is pointless. Cray's the only one worried. Inspect the blue book to rest.
In the morning, we all wake up to see the tide is out! We can continue on to the mainland, north Hesperia! Koshka is, for the moment, tertiary. You can upgrade some gear but continue to Shan River. The gimmick here are the gondolas. On the "third" screen, bump your gondola into the passing logs to reach the treasure. You'll need to backtrack to leave. Chiqua is next, and the boat to the capital is here. But the boatman won't work for free. He's into the Antique Roadshow, so he wants something ancient, rare, or fishy. I ain't fishing, so I went looking for the relic. Return to Koshka, and someone will tell you the location of the ruins.
En Jouh is a hell of a maze. We'll have to climb down, through the growing tree roots, until we reach the bottom. There's a dragon stone here to let us change into the Mutant Dragon. But I don't want to part with that, so I'll use the other viable path forward. Return to Khaska and talk to the weapons dealer. He can make a pot for us, but it'll take time. I've read it's about twenty fights. I used this time to grind and farm firage swords. I didn't get any, but I did gain two levels, 40000 zenni, and my fairy village grew a lot! I also did some stuff for the masters, but whatever. Anyway, I have the pot, and I'll hand it to the fish man...
...tomorrow!
Apparently, Soniel died in that scene. After laughing, Fou chopped his head off. Why was this scene edited? Was it to build tension and make us think Fou really did die?
No comments:
Post a Comment