Damn it. We're fishing...
But before that, we have to walk through the jungle. There are more lumberjack logs here, but the real interesting thing here is in the first area. There's a red fur ball sitting on a stump, and it doesn't seem healthy. It speaks in a strange language that we can try to decipher. The correct response is to assume it's hungry. From here, feed it a bunch of stuff. Eventually, the options we'll get are to think it's satisfied. At that point, we can continue. Behind this is a fork. One takes us to a fishing spot, and the other leads us deeper into the jungle where the puzzles are.
Pabpab is next on the map, and we're instantly attacked with arrows as we enter. The red ball we fed earlier comes running and stops the onslaught. This is the village of puff balls! There's a human here, and he invites us in. This is Beyd, a former adventurer. He stopped when he met his wife, Poko, the red puff ball we fed. Now, look. I often state I'm happily married to a stuffed dalmatian, but even I think this is strange. But Poko seems sentient and consenting, so I'll just not assume a lot. Regardless, Beyd translates his wife's people's words. After we let him know our plan to walk the shallows, he confirms it is possible. But only when the tide is low. He opens his home to us until then, so take a look around "town." Across the tree house is a sick pabpab, the fur balls. Beyd says this race has the idea of "pokopoko," whatever will be will be. If it dies, it dies, so the group isn't concerned. But Nina is. Beyd suggests seeking medicine in Lyd.
A person there says mosweed can be found at sea. Jumping on the boat gives us an idea of where we can find the mosweed, the purple pin, so go there. Have Ryu cut it and shift back. Give it to the fur ball, and we'll rest. In the morning, everyone is healthy! Maybe dancing saved it, but whatever. Poko will tell us the tide is low and escorts us to the shallows. There are some clues about the furry's language in a book next to the dying furball. I think speaking to them now will reveal clues to treasure somewhere. I didn't care to translate.
The shallows don't have any puzzles or gimmicks. I'm a bit bummed, but I'll take a simple path every now and then. Ultimately, we're walking until night falls. Cray suggests continuing through the night, but Nina is tired. So we rest. In the morning, we're stranded. The tide rose, and we're stuck on the island. After a few days of walking back and forth with Nina, she makes Ryu go fishing. I spent thirty minutes doing this stupid minigame, but I caught a puffer fish. It fed the whole group! But we have to do it again (maybe)... But I'll do that...
...tomorrow.
Assuming I don't stop because it sucks.
There were also two scenes that didn't involve Ryu. Fou-li is still alive. He limped to the Imperial Capital and forced his way into the castle. A mythical dog recognized him and told him how disrespectful the emperors have been. Fou instructs the dog to destroy the town. Fou's gonna become god-emperor again and bring down his creation. But what about the world?
No comments:
Post a Comment