But Star's the bomb!
There's only a handful of rooms between the entrance and the target. There's an implication of a puzzle with the triggerable walkway, glowing square on the otherside, and other crystals, but it's never realized. The only fights I can remember are:
1.) where we're flanked on both sides by pumpkin heads with a goal of reaching the otherside. This isn't hard, but I liked the idea of it.
2.) the fight where you shouldn't climb the staircase in the middle. Trying to climb takes all of our movement, and it takes forever to get up. Meanwhile, cyclopses will drop rocks on our heads, either killing us or not letting us get any offense in. Split up your party to either side and assault them in the back. They won't react to us unless we're on the stairs. You may have to use your Clothos Thread here, but that's good testing for the final battle.
Leon warns us when we're about to reach the point of no return, and I'm ready!
Oriales is waiting here. He tells us he just wants to create the perfect entity, which self destructive humans can never be. During his speech, Myra occasionally glows and moves around. She starts to scream and has a mild, short term transformation. She's regained her memory. During the same battle that left Leon in the coffin, Myra did something that caused her allies to suffer. She's felt an incredible guilt ever since and sealed off her memory. But now, the Radiant Princess of Wind is back. She, too, doesn't believe in the idea of perfection and opposes Oriales. It's through human weakness that we're able to do all that we can. And, despite only having one true human on the team, we plan to show Oriales how strong humans are.
Oriales summons a bunch of nerds, but he rushes us in the second (or maybe first) round. I'd consider buffing during the round, but I tried to take out as many of the mobs as I could. There are three or four healing mobs here, so you'll want to focus. Once Oriales got to us, I went all out on him. It took a few rounds, but he's more fragile than you'd think. Afterwards, he'll yell that he's not done yet, and we'll all be warped to the final boss!
Oriales is the red crystal in the dragon statue, but we need to get through five turrets, and the terrain sucks. I killed the left turret on round one, so I don't know what it does. The top one shoots weak projectiles, and the far right does a big laser attack occasionally. The bottom one is kinda scary. Don't stand in melee range, or it'll attack. It crited and killed Star in one shot. If Oriales is alone, then he lacks any real pop. He still hurts and can greatly complicate movement, but he can't kill. Oriales is very tanky. It took three Poison Drops for us to do more than one damage. And the path up to him isn't easy to navigate. I had to use the Clothos Thread twice, or else the time limit would have gotten me. But, by then, the battle is yours. Would have been more so if Star didn't blow up!
We'll end up back in the first fight room, and the Temple starts to shake. Oriales is a load bearing boss, so we need to leave! Leon warns us that Oriales will be reincarnated, but Myra is sure she'll stop him again. I don't know if there's a certain number of shakes we can experience before we fail, but I got to the end. But Leon doesn't want to leave with us. He's edgy to the end. Leon offers everyone one sentence of advice about our future and teleports away. We all accept his action and leave. As we run away, the credits roll, letting us see some final actions of our party members.
Myra stops to watch flower petals travel across the restored world.
Leonard is doing something with Star and Marion. We can only see through emoticons, but it isn't going well. They figure it out, and Star and Marion are sent back in time. They hang out with young Leonard.
Dorothy tries to ditch Pygma, but the dragon with no lore loves her. She returns to Pioneer Town to hang with Emilina.
After the credits, more scenes show.
Marion has given birth to Star's son. He names him Krill.
Dorothy started a shop with Emily. Doro is trying to be more ladylike, but it isn't sticking. A man comes in to restart to desert gold rush. He tells Dorothy not to change before telling the girls his name is Krill. I think?
Leonard is at the grave of Limitz. An old woman appears to mourn with him as she's an old friend of Limitz too. Leo asks her name, and she says it's Ellon.
Myra is at the Strata of Age. She's placed the gems around an altar and tells them this world doesn't need them, and it's time to rest. Dariem pops out and asks what Myra plans to do. Myra wants to watch and see how humans shape this planet. The rest of the Satakula join then, and they all go off to wherever it is they go.
A flower petal drops before two people I don't recognize. The man says what the petal is from and how rare it is these days. But it used to be common on an island. I think these are people from the main Lufia series, but I'm not sure.
Finally, the camera sinks into an ocean somewhere to reveal Leon is sleeping with the fishes. I think his hair is grey, so something has changed. A water spirit visits him before poofing away as we see the last of Energy Breaker.
The End.
There's a new mode on the main menu that acts like a cheat mode for subsequent playthroughs, but I'm ready to end this. Review tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment