Backtracking through tedious enemies to open doors should be banned.
"Dear Zelda,
I'm starting to think I'm not homesick. Rather, I'm sick of Hokolint.
I found an invisible zora in Animal Village. He just wanted to be left alone, so, to keep my mouth shut (which I was going to do anyway), he told me of another invisible merchant near where I got my first sword. I traded my shovel for a boomerang! And that's all my admin tonight!
I found my way through a hedge maze, aerial bomber, and deep water to find the north Face Shrine. Zelda, I really don't want to relive this place. I found so many dead ends I had to backtrack from, but I couldn't find my way through. Along the way are rooms filled with teleporting wizards who are the most annoying things to fight. Fortunately, my new boomerang made them slightly less awful. But I still had to walk around for hours. There are many secret pathways with no sign they're there, but even those took me to the middle of nowhere. Somehow, I stumbled upon a new path that led me to an upgraded Power Bracelet. I still have to keep it in my pocket until I need to use it, but I can lift even bigger stuff now! It kinda helped.
Throughout this place are elephant statues that block the way. Under one was a stairwell. In hindsight, if I didn't jump into the water first, maybe I wouldn't have hated this place as much. Like all dungeons, this one had a miniboss. I had to play catch with it, but I was still getting used to the new grip of my bracelet, so this sucked.
After forever and a day, I reached someone having less fun than I. A face on the floor threw rocks at me while I put bombs on him. What a life it must have led? As he died, he warned me that, once I wake up the Wind Fish, everything on this island will disappear. After tonight, I think I'm fine with that. But that's a terrible thought. I shouldn't let Marin and the others poof away. Is there anything I can do?
I wanted to focus on the next task, so I climbed to Eagle Tower in the mountains. I got there, but I didn't have the key... Pray to the Goddess for these people, Zelda. I don't know if I can.
- Link"
I'm so close to the end, so I won't drop the game. But the amount of tedious, garbage game design is gonna hurt Link's Awakening's score.
No comments:
Post a Comment