But I didn't date Marin.
"Dear Zelda,
This island is a lot bigger than you'd expect. Between the mobs, annoying rocks, forests, and walruses (I'll get to that in a moment), I got flipped and turned all around Hokolint Island. I had no way to get to the waterfall, but there was a key nearby that got my mind rolling. I'll find that key! But the owl told me to visit the desert. Going south from Mabe Village took me to Animal Village! It's a tiny town filled with sentient, adorable animals. Maybe I don't hate bunnies...
This is the last village before the desert, but I've been told we won't go much further. A large walrus (I told you) was blocking the path. He appears to be dreaming of Marin. So I went back to Mabe, but she wasn't there. Another kid told me she went to the beach.
I found her in a remote area, so I should have asked how she got there. We sat together for a moment, and she told me the inhabitants of the island didn't believe anything else was in the world. My appearance here made Marin, and everyone else, rethink this. She told me she'd like to turn into a bird and fly across the planet. It's a simple but honest dream. I hope she can experience something similar in the future. After a moment, we headed to Animal Village. We stopped by the statue in town to let Marin's friend know she was alright, and a local photographer took our picture. Talin showed up, and I hope I can get a copy of it before I leave. Marin's a great singer, and she used her voice to awaken the sleeping walrus. He then dove into the river.
Remember that dream I told you about a few days ago? I found an ocarina in it, which appeared in my hands when I woke up. Marin taught me her song. I can't wait to play it for you!
Deep in the desert with a sandworm. It didn't seem aggressive, but I remembered fighting a similar one in Hyrule, so my instinct went into action. Good thing, too, because it dropped the waterfall key!
Warping to the waterfall, the key caused it to part. But how to get in? There's a mountain nearby, so I started climbing that. I was correct, but I had to make a leap of faith, so I've fallen for something today. My poor knees, Zelda!
Angler's Tunnel is another confusing mess. But that's largely because I keep forgetting to combine the Pegasus Boots and the Roc Feather. I had to use it twice! The real hard part was finding the way across the deep waters. But I eventually found my way to a trapped room. A giant red slime began to chase me around the room. But I quickly realized it was going mindlessly around in a circle. I jumped over it and started smacking it with my sword, slaying the beast with ease. It was guarding a pair of flippers! I'm sea bound again, Zelda!
Swimming through the rest of the cave, I noticed a strange floor puzzle. It's only five squares, so it's an easy memorization game. Deeper on, that puzzle opened the way to the boss. He sure did suck! The Angler just floated there while I whacked it. I'm just that dang good! Behind it was the Surf Harp.
Near the cave is another cave. The fish in this one taught me another song. It's less cool, but it teleported me to a small puddle near the forest. And then I noticed something was wrong. I was being followed. I tried to shake my stalker but couldn't. Without options, I decided to defend myself. I called out to my would-be attacker, and a ghost appeared! It wanted me to take it home, so I did. Then it wanted to rest, so I found its grave. I got a seashell from it, so that's nice. With this scare, I've forgotten where to go, so maybe a good sleep will remind me. Good night, Zelda.
- Link"
The flippers are automatically equipped, so why couldn't the power bracelet be? Terrible game design!
No comments:
Post a Comment