The first real dungeon!
"Hey, Dad
I went to the desert today. Apparently, it used to be part of the forest, but it's just sand now. Sand and goblins.
I landed the boat on the nearest beach and made my way up the cliffs. A few caves had to be traveled because the cliffs were so high, but they were easy to navigate. A few even took me to treasure. Since the forests disappeared, this had become a fortress for the goblins. They're smarter than I thought, as they understand basic engineering and written language. Who knew? They also seem to understand ransoms. Halfway through the area, I encountered a prisoner. His name is Rigger, but he's not human. After freeing him, I followed him to his home, where he told me about himself.
Rigger is the last of the owru. Fifty years ago, his brother died. Ever since then, he's been all alone. What a lonely existence. His race began to die off when a man in a dark cape gave them a seed that would destroy the forest. The forest of Pirta still exists, and I don't know how I didn't see it before. It's to the west of the desert, and I'm sure I sailed through it. As thanks for freeing him, Rigger taught me a magic spell. Force randomly summons an object at a location of my choosing. It's usually a pot, but I've seen lanterns drop. I'll probably just use it to hit switches from afar, but it can knock shields away from enemies too.
The Forest Shine is a big maze. I had to walk through the thick wood to reach the secret temple. But the temple was guarded. Before me was another owru, and I think it was a woman. She didn't want any weaklings in this place, so, in hindsight, this might have been a test. After I used Force and force on her, she flew away. I guess the owru can fly? I saw a lot of mining equipment en route, but those relics didn't make it past her.
The temple was filled with a few water puzzles, where I had to adjust the levels to reach other areas. It was dark, so getting through here was tricky. There were also several paths I couldn't get to, which confused me. Each seemed to have a target near them... After getting through to where I could, I battled against a vine from the ground. It didn't hit me, but it was alarming. It also guarded a chest I couldn't open yet.
Eventually, though, after scouring the crypts, I found the key. Making my way back to a giant treasure chest, I found a bow and ten arrows. Using these to strike the targets let me reach new paths and even get to the top of the temple. And here's where you might be disappointed in me. I got lost. I couldn't figure out the puzzle, so I started aimlessly walking around the temple grounds. After far too long, I got frustrated and bombed the gravestone at the top. That knight might have been right about me. But it was the correct choice! I fell down the hole I caused and saw the fruits of the seed that destroyed this forest!
The Evil Overgrowth, Turmos, kept the Earth Emblem from me. It stayed in its pit in the middle of the room and tried to kill me with more of its vines. When I mowed all four of them, it would try to eat me. But I brought bombs! Plants are weak to explosions, it turns out. I tossed a few into its mouth until I had to restart against the vines. It was a long fought battle, but I won with relative ease.
The Earth Emblem was lying on a pedestal. When I approached, the voice of the goddess spoke to me. I was awestruck, so I forgot her name, but she was the goddess of earth and fire. I freed her, and she told me the forest could be restored. Rigger, the knight, and some rando showed up to thank me. They saw me off at the docks, and it seems all three of them are going to move into their ancestral homelands. It's only three, so I doubt it'll go well for their race, but I hope they live peacefully. They promised to sing a song in my honor. Rigger also told me about a legendary sword, which I'm gonna try to get in a few days. But the Hermit wants to talk to me...
- Your Son
Ps: your sword sucks. "
How do islands appearing from nowhere work?
No comments:
Post a Comment