Wednesday, March 9, 2022

The New Prohpecy of The Choosen.

I killed five king metal slimes last night, so I'm at, or above, level 35. I also changed my team because Naya just has no HP. I pumped her with so many stat items, too... What a waste! Alena is in because she does more damage and can take a few hits. Solo, you're our healer now!
 
In order to reach Necrosaro, we'll need to defeat his four generals around the island. There are random encounters around this area, but Repel removes them. The worst thing about this place is the toxic swamps, so use Stepguard. Go counterclockwise, but it doesn't matter much. The first person is actually three, and you'll need to defeat them at the same time. With Solo casing Lightning and Maya using Explodet, it's pretty easy. Above that one is a general who tells us he called for Roze's abduction. The top left is there, but the last guy has a gimmick. You have to get past his five guards who only move when you do. If they touch you, then you're reset. So you'll need to navigate around the room (and the stairwell), hoping to get the golems stuck on the walls and pillars. I randomly moved around, so I can't give you any tips.

Once all four are dead, we can enter Saro's Castle, the final dungeon. It's a confusing maze with dead ends, elevators, and okay enough treasures. None of the NPCs we see are worth interacting with, and I don't know why they're there. The only thing I'll suggest is to find the Sage's Stone. At one point, you'll go down some stairs with mirrored/hurty floors around you. Go up into the wall, and you'll enter a secret area. Follow it until you reach the Sage's Stone. When used in battle, it restores about sixty HP to the whole team. It seems small, but it can really help. If you run low on HP, remember your party/wagon is here, so have someone not in your primary party heal you. No point in wasting your MP. Another thing, one of the elevators is actually a wall. Have it go down, and then climb the nearby stairs back up. You can walk across the floor to leave the castle.

Call your wagon again, and heal up because we're at the foot of Saro's mountain. That being said, there's one more side quest Dragon Quest IV has. I was missing two Small Medals, and I went and got them. One was in Riverton (search), and the last one was in the random cave south of Gardenville. There's a stone in the pirate town, west on the map, so find it on the beach. Have it open the way, and you can explore around. There's a Metal Slime Helm at the very bottom, as well as the last Small Medal I'll ever get. There's also an Hourglass that resets time, but the emulator I'm using has that build in. I went to the Medal King and got the Metal Slime Sword. Both are in Ragnar's hands because my hero is going to use heroic gear!

But back to Saro! He's just waking up and has no idea what's going on. I guess it explains how he changes so often in this battle. Saro will change form seven times, and it resets his status each time. Each form can be affected by Sap, so use that with impurity. I'm pretty sure it's an HP threshold thing that causes him to change. The first six are pretty easy, and the Sage's Stone will more than do its job. The final form, though...

Saro can attack twice, and it's usually with a team wide magic spell. Solo and Ragnar can take it, and Alena is decent enough. Maya wasn't having fun, though. Saro also casts Bounce the moment he shows up, so Sap is no longer usable. Fortunately, he's still susceptible to item effects. I gave Alena the Sword of Decimation, which uses a similar spell, Defense, to, ironically, lower Saro's defense. I used it twice, and it was quite effective. It more than doubled our DPS. From here, Maya sorta goes away as the Sage's Stone isn't as helpful. Don't be afraid to have Solo use Healusall when your party gets low, and you will get low. Hope that Saro tries to remove your buffs a lot, which we can do twice a turn, and it's not THAT hard. I still had to rewind time a few times because I didn't want to do this anymore, but it was far less frequent than for previous bosses.

We will kill Saro and bring peace to the world, and the mountain we're on starts to crumble. A dragon flies down to pick us up, and we're back in Zenithia. Master Dragon congratulates us one by one and offers Solo, a mere half Zenithian, a place to live. However, she wants to live with her friends, and Master Dragon accepts her decision. We can walk through the castle one more time, and all the NPCs say their farewells. Lucia and Baro are in the nursery, but we have to leave out the front. From here, we'll get in our air balloon and see our friends off.  

Alena, Cristo, and Brey are first, and we return to a revived Santeem. We meet the King and see Alena hanging in her room.
Ragnar returns to Burland, and we meet the King.
Next is Taloon in Endor. He plays with his son for a moment before we take Naya and Maya to Kyivs.
They pray at their father's grave behind their house before going to Mandaraba. The entire town surrounds them, and Maya gives everyone a show that night as we quietly leave.
At last, we return to Solo's hometown. It's still in ruins, but as she steps into the center of town, the flowers bloom, and the buildings are reconstructed. Celia poofs in next to Solo, and the two embrace as the rest of the town enters from the gate.

The credits roll, and we're finally reached...

The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment