Tuesday, March 22, 2022

I accidentally found a fygg!

Tonight was going to be a quest heavy, do nothing type of night. I had no plans to write anything, but I stumbled upon a golden fruit.
 
Northwest of Bloomingdale is a stonemason's house. There's a guy standing outside of it, wondering where he's at. If you go behind his house, you'll see a cave (with the ranger job quest outside it). This is the Heights of Loneliness. It's a tower inside a mountain. I think; it's weird, but I like it. The mobs inside aren't impressive, but you need to keep in mind that I'm several levels higher than I'm supposed to. Pay attention to the Easter Island heads, though, since they drop some royal soil. We'll climb vines, walk tightropes, and read about the dying wishes of the stonemason, Mason. Towards the top is a fallen NPC named Christopher Collapsus. If you have a special medicine on you, you can save the poor boy, and you'll get a grotto map for your trouble. But I'll say more on this at the end. Keep climbing until you reach something that looks familiar.

We're back in Zere, but everything is turned to stone. Even the homes are made of rock and sealed shut. I've played too many RPGs that I have a bad feeling about the people here... But there's only one place to go: the house in the back. Inside is a slime who can talk. He tells us Mason made this entire place, but he's recently died. Ever since, the slime has heard a loud noise that scares him. Speaking of which...

We step outside and see a giant golem before us. We're not Mason, so he attacks us. Once again, we're over leveled, so I don't have a good strategy here. Use Sap and attack. The golem will turn to dust, and we'll turn around. Behind us is a ghost walking into the cellar. Following him in has us meeting with Mason. He tells us he's from Zere, and he's longed to return there. For some reason, he couldn't, so he made this replica. Not long ago, he came about a fygg and made a wish on it. Mason wanted to make sure Zere Rocks would remain defended, but he didn't expect something like that to do it. A woman's name is brought up as he's ready to go to the afterlife. In his place is the fygg. If we return to normal Zere, now, we can meet the woman Mason longed for. She was Simona's nanny, and she's moved on. Despite that, she, too, fondly remembers her first love, even though he just up and ran away one day.

Maybe more quests tomorrow? Maybe back to the story?

Grotto dungeons are randomly generated content, usually used alongside the online stuff. But it seems there are a few that you can find through conventional means. There's no map, and each floor is a true, old school maze. I don't know if it's worth it, though. I got to the bottom, defeated a hard boss, and found another map. What little treasure inside was okayish, but I wasn't wowed. That demon horse was pretty hard, too, so I think I deserved better. Maybe there are more stuff inside? Who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment