Why? Dunno!
Anyway, to reach the temple, we must first cross the bridge to it. As we should have expected, it’s guarded by more Sigil members. There is a hooded Kawa who tells everyone he’s going back into the temple to inform a man named Raife that we’re here. Kyrie offers them freedom if they let us by, but no dice. Bzaro tries to talk to the Bzil members, but, again, the anti-Immortal sentiment is too strong. There’s not much to say about this fight, but watch out for the guy who starts in the water.
Once inside the temple, we see the Kawa, Grim Eye, Katja, and the man who’s probably Raife. Raife is using a similar staff to what Alphonse used on the first relic. We, the player, see them ask why the Bzil flooded the temple paths. As we approach, he says they should hurry but in a way that makes me think he thinks he’s better than us. As they leave, Grim Eye summons various demon mobs to keep us company. Katja then gets annoyed at this. She didn’t join Sigil to side with demons, so she smokebombs her way out. The other two pay no mind and leave.
This fight is surprisingly easy. As they’re demons, they’re weak to holy damage, which Kyrie has plenty of. The sexy demon ladies are fragile, and I got lucky as no one spawned with annoying reactions. I made Anadine a Demon Knight, giving her access to cleave. Cleave gives her two turns in a row if she kills something. She made great use of this ability here! After the fight, the party discusses the potentials of everything: Raife and Grim Eye, especially. They wonder if there’s something stronger than Grim Eye behind all of this as someone had to teach him how to summon demons. Kyrie does her thing, and Yates studies the relic after.
There’s an optional scene on the bridge. This is where Yates informs Kyrie that he noticed a similarity between the sexy demon ladies and the creature Anadine turned into at Yates’ house. The world map makes a path to a place called Port Grendel, just off the coast of the starting city. We, though, have to go the long way. Kyrie calls it a short cut, but I don't buy it.
The first battle is in a poisoned swamp, [!!!]. The water infects you with poison, so don’t stand in it. The only thing to worry about is the Cadaver and their annoying Critical: Rebirth skill. We’ve seen everything here. After the temple fight, Anadine, who finds the Kawa adorable, wondered if the merchant we saved earlier, Somier, is still north of Yates’ house. I’m curious myself, so I go check it out. He’s not there, but he has left us a note. The note says he’s moving to a place I don’t know, but he's taking a trip through the desert first. There are only so many desert places out here, so I go check them out. North of Thesisoris, we find him beset on all sides by various insects. Bzaro is mandatory for this battle, but it’s fine. I have him function as the healer as me (in game) wreaks everyone’s shop. It’s a mostly normal fight, but we do have to keep Somnisr alive. He stays out of combat, and I try to draw the rampaging bugs to my characters. It’s a pretty easy ordeal. Once again, we save him, and he asks us to stop by his shop in Gogombob city.
Which I’ll make for tomorrow! Or, probably, sometime after. I have no idea where that is yet.
There’s a lot of jobs in this game, and all my mods add even more. And I want to play all of them! The fact they show a silhouette of a potential class when you’ve unlocked a portion of it makes me want to get it. It’s like a drug. I love it! I spent some overtime tonight trying to unlock a few more. That’s what I did with the rest of my time tonight, and will probably do a lot more going forward.
No comments:
Post a Comment