Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Temporal Vortex - Where lost souls wander...

I’m glad a realm outside of space and time has such relaxing and soothing music.

As we go to find our way in this Van Gogh-esq world, Sprigg has a few words for us. They're kind words, and she joins the party. She sees it as a way to escape this dimension, plus she has the key to the temple at the top of this mountain. So, win-win for everyone. As we enter this temple room, Harle is there waiting. I'm not sure how she got in, but she’s here. She also has some Cheshire Cat abilities, teleportation, and wall climbing. Despite knowing Serge and Lynx have switched bodies, she’s only interested in Lynx’s body. She refutes Serge’s claim that he still Serge and not Lynx, as Harle, in her simple mind, says he looks like Lynx, so he must be Lynx. I then do a puzzle, I think, but I didn’t get it. I entered two rooms that Harle, disguised as Serge, went into and, the second door, come to an MC Esher painting. Harle officially joins the party here. We now have two black innates and Sprigg, who can only equip two spells. My parry is ready for anything!

We make our way out and wind up in the Hydra Marsh, Home World. Sprigg is overjoyed to be a real dimension again. Harle insults Sprigg's pep and then suggests going to Angelis Errera. There was also a dimension gate that appeared for a moment but quickly disappeared.

We go to Opassa Beach and activate the Astral Amulet. Nothing happens. There are no longer any missing pieces of this, or the other timeline, so the gate no longer needs to be active. Sprigg says we should talk to Serge’s “movver” and the team goes to Arni. The gatekeeper is shocked, terrified, and upset that a demi-human would venture this far from their home. Marge, Serge’s mom, is equally confused and denies who we are. Suddenly, Radius, who is the village elder in this timeline, walks into the house. He knows who Lynx is and, as he has the honor of an Acacia Dragoons, tries to kill us. Being outnumbered and old, he poses no real challenge. I heal, just in case, though. In the end, he says that he sensed no malice in our attacks. He then listens to the story, and, despite not making any sense, understands our plight and joins the team. He guides us to Termina to start looking for information there. Sorry Sprigg, but it’s back to your non-dimension again. Marge also tells us a story about The Sea of Eden/Dead Sea.

Fourteen years ago, Serge’s dad, Wazuki, and Leena’s dad, Miguel, got lost at sea one stormy night. They wound up in the Sea of Eden, now known as the Dead Sea, which is the same place Lynx said we should go. Miguel never returned, and Wazuki was changed forever.

The Poore army has ended their investigation of Fossil Valley, and we can now pass. I find a chest containing a Mythril, so I know what the next upgrades are. I also see the Dodo is back, so I kill it. It comes back to mock me, but I’ll be the bigger man and move on.

In Termina, we’re yelled at because Lynx isn’t well-liked in El Nido. He is, however, revered by Porre. A man guarding the docks tells us to talk to Norris at the Viper Manor, so there we go. The manor is ruined, and Radius tells us the story. Three years ago, all of the Dragoons disappeared, and no one knows why. Norris is in the basement, the only part of the manor still standing. He fills us in on more details that Viper and the group went into the Sea of Eden and never returned. I wonder if that’s where we’re headed soon?

The answer is yes, but how do we enter? There's no known way in from El Nido. Before we begin our search, I head to the blacksmith and see Zappa retiring from the craft. With Radius, Zappa is invited into the team, and I replace Norris because I’m a liberal cuck who hates guns or something.

We then board Norris’ boat and sail to Marbule, the closest landmass to Eden. No one is there. We find the great explorer, Toma, a reference to Chrono Trigger, who says the inhabitants are now borderline enslaved on the cruise ship S.S. Zelbess. On that shi[ is the man who we should take to, Marbule Sage.

And we’ll head there tomorrow! I spent the rest of the night going back through Fort Dragonia. There was nothing there, but some of the spells I missed in the other fort. There were also some of the hardest fights in the game. Who knew going to a late game dungeon so early could be a bad idea? The new and improved Cybots are rough, man. At the top of the fort, I found nothing. There’s a whole lot of nothing tonight, and I deeply apologize but know that I’ve, at least, saved some time later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment