Friday, September 8, 2023

Dragon Warrior

There was so much stuff last night that I forgot the most important but. Adol is Erdrick!

"The dragons chose me to be the Dragon Warrior, which means I need to find the five inner sanctums of where the dragon gods reside. The Winds of Destruction are growing in power.

As we left Iska, Geis gave me the Moonsong Bell. This is the tool capable of breaking the seal to the village, allowing us to return to the village trapped in time. It also breaks the seal on other locations through Altago. These locations are blocked by the glyph of Iska and open up "shortcuts" to other towns. I don't know how much quicker they are, but they sure were important. My teleport ability has broken. I'd have to reactivate all the port points to use it again. Not only that, but Altago City has set up guard posts at various intersections on the plains. Morally, we can't fight through, so we have to find a new way around. The only way to go was toward Shannoa. But before we reached the forest, we saw a red rune of Iska. I rang the bell, and the wall disappeared! Geis warned us about potential titanos existing in the Wilderness, but they also moved into the known world, so whatever. This area we trekked through looked out of the desert canyons and was home to gigantic slugs, beetles, and the thing Altago tried to execute me with! But it took us outside the Byway Cave, and someone was waiting for us.

Sigroon had her bow drawn and was prepared to kill. We heard her out, and she said Aisha instructed her to join us. Something bad was happening in Altago, and our new Queen wasn't being treated right. We happily let her on to "observe" my innocence, and we carried on to Segram.

Cruxie's Iskan Fever had taken a turn for the worse. Her condition must be a metaphor for all of Altago. She was in extreme pain but had a message to give us. She told Mustafa about a dream she's been having. The Fire Dragon spoke to her, and Mishera knew them as a magical incantation that might reach Angue-Barl. General Driesen left Mustafa to be elder so suddenly that he never told his son all the important things he needed. These magical words, for example. Dogi suggested staying here to care for Cruxie, but Mustafa was determined.

We returned to the Fire Temple, and Mustafa showed us the quick way to the monolith. He uttered the incantation, and we were all warped into an active volcano! Lava blocked our path, but I eventually remembered we could walk over it. There were also spikes, but we maneuvered around them. The floating flaming skulls were abundant, as were the tiki heads. Wolves that were constantly on fire also lived down here. As was a giant flan made out of lava that we just ran away from.

And so we reached the inner sanctum of the fire dragon. And, uh, this is embarrassing. There's always something about coming face-to-face with a dragon that excites me. And this one is a god! I've totally forgotten what we talked about, but I think it was about the Winds of Destruction. Either way, we had to fight him!

Angue-Bari is a four storied lizard that likes to stomp around. He's a quadruped, so Mustafa, Dogi, and I wailed on his feet. AB's pretty slow, so avoiding him was easy. Occasionally, his stomps would form a ring of fire around him. I jumped over them as often as possible, but I wasn't afraid to tank the burning when I got caught out. Really, the only thing to fear was when he sucked up the lava that acted as a floor for the fight. He'd then cause an explosion that really rocked us. I need to buy revival stuff from Tia next time I see her. I wonder how Maya is handling this?

And with that, Angue-barl gave me his power. This red rock is supposed to stop the Winds of Destruction. All it did now, though, was cause an earthquake. He also promised the progeny of the elder line vitality. AN then warped us to the beginning of his volcano. We wondered if we should continue on to Shannoa, but I figured we should check on Cruxie first.

She was still. Iskan Fever had weakened her to the point of paralysis. Mustafa pled to anyone who could hear in a vein attempt to save his sister, but no one answered. He leaned in close to hear Cruxie's last words, which asked him to forgive and unite with Driesen again. The Flame Dragon's Stone began to glow, and a strange light appeared over the body of Cruxie. We wondered if the stone could save her, but would it cost the power of the rock? It didn't matter. I gave it to Mustafa.

The next day, Cruxie came down to the living room. She was well armored. She then convinced everyone that she should join the team. She needs the Flame Dragon Stone, and we need the Flame Dragon Stone, so she's coming with us. And Segram needs their elder to defend from the titanos. Cru's got a way with facts and words, and we couldn't retort. We bid Mustafa well and let Cruxie stretch her legs a bit by knocking out the titano that guarded the Fire Temple. Sigroon seems to think higher of me.

- Adol"

Why were my teammates so passive in this battle!? This is definitely a terrible mechanic. I also have to wonder why there are so many weapons! I can't learn everything for everyone before getting something to replace it already. And now that Adol has three types of swords, the game is throwing too much crap at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment