Friday, September 22, 2023

Do Over

I was curious how doing every side quest would change the outcome of the chapter. Fortunately, I had a save from just before the sewer monster, which is pretty close to the Enzo battle. I killed him again and got to the point of no return. I went back to the Machine Core wreckage, and Cristopher told us we could walk across the remains. Wish you told me that the first time, Topher!

Crossing the mech brought us a strange pair of goggles, which initiated the missing side quest. Rachel, a girl in Floodside, noticed they were owned by someone named Peter, and he was last seen in the sewers. The first time I ventured down there, I found a strange TV that had no reason to be there. With the googles, we gained an Orb of Seeing. Someone decided we should bring this to Paula, and it turns out it was her eye. Okay. It also let us see why it was stolen. Peter was paid by the Volcano Sisters to spy on Enzo. His work discovered Enzo was stealing from the Empress. The sisters then tricked him into killing himself. And that's how The Witness ended.

The rest of the chapter played out the same, but I killed the bad doggies this time. They did not give additional EXP or marbles. But Crisbell was given another choice between Armando and Sophia. The new option is "council." This lets both of them (and maybe more) run the city. And this outcome really changes the city. Banners are changed and not filled with holes, the slums appear more middle class, and the walled city looks like a tourist destination. Doing everything is well rewarded!

I almost called it a night there, but I did make some advancements. The team went to find a boat at the docks but only found Paula. Being bored and seeking new fashion, she decided to join us on our trip. The statue started walking across the seabed, which is interesting. The journey was long, and we got time to have some one-on-one interactions with our teammates. Crisbell asked everyone if she made the right choice, but no one confirmed or denied anything. Cristopher told us Enzo actually taught him how to fight, and Wilhelm informed us natural magic, like what Cristopher uses, was founded in our next destination, Neva Tulia. NT is a frozen landscape, so I'm excited!

Crisbell had a dream on the way there. It was similar to the one on the first night of our journey with Mother Superior. But that wasn't MS. It was actually the Empress of Time, and she called Crisbell her daughter while they were at her grandma's grave. Well, then... The other teammates tried to convince her it was just a dream and doesn't mean anything, but this is a game, so... We'll find out...

...tomorrow!

Reminder: Wilhelm has a house nearby Neva Tulia we have to visit first.

No comments:

Post a Comment