Persona 3 has three stages of its gameplay.
The first is what happens before and during school. This is usually straightforward and "I'm a student" stuff that's mostly an autopilot thing.
The second stage is after school, which is more involved. It allows you to explore the city, participate in capitalism, and do after school activities. I joined the kendo club! This is also when the social links that empower the Persona grow. You can also get a job and buy weapons from a cop.
The final stage is either you studying, sleeping, or going to Tartarus. You can't go into Tartarus every night, or your team will get sick and suck in battle. When you get low, study, but you sometimes can't do that well if you're too weak. Obviously, we then sleep and begin the next cycle. On days off, you can goof around a bit more. Junpei gave me an MMO today.
While in Tartarus, it's just your three members running around a maze, defeating enemies, and climbing the tower. Roughly, every five floors is a bosslike Shadow.
None of these progress any story. That's fine; I don't think the plot is what this game is about. Persona seems to be a simulator where you're a child who saves the world. If I were in high school, I'd definitely understand the appeal. I'd be less interested in the school sections of the game, but that's not a huge portion, anyway. That's also a me thing...
But, because of this, I don't know how to write about it. Neither a diary nor the updates would be worth reporting on, let alone reading. So, I'm at a loss. I'm having fun and don't want to drop it, but how am I supposed to write? Maybe I'll just do a boring review at the end, which is the only thing running through my mind. It'll be a bit of a break, and I won't stress myself out about how to write any of these. Sorry if you were looking forward to a "detailed" walkthrough where I share my thoughts, but I don't know if that's possible now. But, this way, I get to play the game longer and won't hold myself to lame time constraints while updating bland things. "Today I failed a math pop quiz, blew off Kenji to go to kendo practice, and studied all night after school." How exciting!
Maybe I'll finish Jeanne D'Arc after all but with cheats?
No comments:
Post a Comment