Friday, April 8, 2022

A free Orleans!

Jeanne is before her knights on the evening of this decisive battle. She informs them she couldn't have made it this far without them and thanks them. She stands before them, yells "Charge," and everyone runs out to Tourelles. Liana hangs back for a moment, though... Major warning if anyone is playing along: there are two battles in a row tonight with no ability to return to the world map between them. Welcome to Jeanne's Wiegraf fights! Hopefully, without the difficulty.

The first battle will introduce us to the man Talbot hates, Glasdale. He pretty much tells us he was a terrible general because he wanted Talbot to fail. Go figure... We'll have fifteen terns to kill Glasdale, but he's protected by two walls and a small horde. He even gets reinforcements. As is usual, keep your team together. I accepted the first wave would surround me, and I took out the closest of them as soon as I could. Besides the usual four, I brought Marcel, who'll be a mainstay after this. and Colet. I thought Colet would let me climb the walls, but he did not. Bring someone else. Probably Jean... After a few turns, gargoyles will begin to spawn near the first door. These guys are surprisingly weak, and these are the only two who'll show up. I wonder if that's what all those purple lightning rigs are for? Once you've taken out the soldiers outside the wall, make for the door. If you want to, take pot shots with magic at the two guarding mobs the next door. You probably should, as destroying the first wall will bring four reinforcement from each side of the battlefield. Fortunately, no one outside of your range will attack you. This also means a spear user with Impale can attack the door and any mobs on the otherside of it. Giles was how I killed the archer next to our target before I even broke the second wall. Getting passed said wall will also bring more reinforcements. Glasdale can't even kill Marcel, so you might as well take out his backup for maximum EXP. He'll die, and our party will pay no heed to him and go deeper into Tourelles. If you bring Jeanne and Roger together, they'll have a unique conversation where Jeanne says he's her best friend. And they promise to stay together until the very end.

The next battle is against the undead Talbot. I've killed him four times already, so I assume he's a zombie. Blah blah blah... I took out the four enemies on the middle portion, but I don't know if you have to. The quick way to reach Talbot is to go to the left. The layout of this stage is a bit confusing, and it leads to some interesting ideas. Once the knights are down, I had Marcel and Giles give chase to the priestess, who took the weird side path. Sadly, I used La Hire for this fight, but he's still bad. I need to find a fifth ASAP. From the balcony in front of Talbot, I had Marcel take aim at the enemy archer, who didn't fight back. Once you get close to the target, the battle gets difficult. There are three swordmasters in the back, and they're as tough as any English general. I tried to skip them and just transformed to take out as much HP as Talbot had. For the fifth time in Jeanne's life, she killed the undead king! ...actually...

Jeanne and Talbot are having a conversation because she still wants to know more about that scene I was too angry to retain. Talbot gives us a vague answer to what he meant by "same ancestors" (not those words), but he warns us we'll soon find out. Rather die with honor, I think he throws himself off the ledge. I think, at least. We return to Orleans, the un-conquering hero. Giles suggests Jeanne should smile, but she's crying. I can't tell if it's from happiness or if something Talbot said upset her.
 
We (the camera) cut back to the throne of King Henry and the Duke of Bedford. Henry is upset that his plan is ruined, and he seemed to have taken a liking to the "whiskered man," which is why I think Talbot is finally dead. The Duke calls forth three new toys that Henry had altered...

As we cut to the Dauphin's study, Georgios is upset. Everyone wants to crown Charles the official King of France, and they suggest we do that in the city of Reims. Unfortunately, Reims is deep in English territory. Regardless, an official King would do wonders for the French moral and give them a clear nationalist leader. Chuck is down, as is his knight, Richemont. Georgies isn't because he's lazy and is about to be an antagonist. Regardless, Charles is the one who gets to decide, and he says we're going. While Georgios complains to himself, Roger feels that deep evil again... Georgies and Richemont bicker before we jump to the next day. We're waiting for Charles to show up, but Georgie is going to come along. Richemont and Giles let us know that they go way back to when our lancer was a mere squire, and we all set off for Reims. Which I'll reach...

...tomorrow!

I hope Talbot is dead and that I get a fifth character soon. Our beastmen suck, and I've left Jean and Bertrand behind in levels. I need another amulet user!

No comments:

Post a Comment