Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Jeanne D'Arc is a terrible game.

Before I get to why, let's talk about the last thirty minutes I'm playing of this game.
 
As Liana and crew reach the gates of Paris, she starts a fight. Roger asks if she's out of her mind, but if the Parisians won't accept Charles, then the only thing to do is kill them. ...whatever...

The battle is actually two battles, and they both suck. We're with three new, random shlubs who die on round one. Also, it turns out Richard is also a shlub. There's a sniper on our team's right that will one shot him. Despite being four men down right off the bat, I managed to position my team in a way that kept most of us alive for a while. I was down to a four on two towards the end. Liane got it to a one-on-one, but the remaining enemy was an archer who kept running away to heal herself. She chased me to the opposite side of the map with only five turns left. Once I caught up to her, enemy reinforcement arrived... After Liana got paralyzed, I called it quits.

This game is getting painfully frustrating, and I don't like the story enough to keep going. While I'm interested in what happened to Jeanne and what's to come with Roger, I hate how half my team is gone. All I have left are terrible characters or those who are underleveled. The plot jumps ahead too much, and I feel like I'm missing something. And why do the people I keep killing show up the very next location? But the worst part is how unimportant the majority of the cast is. Marcel and Colet don't need to be here, and La Hire keeps forcing himself to be relevant. Will Beatrix and Bart get any better? My biggest flaw with Final Fantasy Tactics is how dull named characters get once they've joined your team. That is not the thing to emulate... The game is probably better than the chance I'm giving it, but I'm annoyed, and I'm not having fun. I'm going back to work. I was wanting to play this game for years, and this is how it ends... 

 

Either Persona 3 or Final Fantasy X-2 Friday (or Monday)!

No comments:

Post a Comment