Saturday, February 10, 2024

Mini review: Infected Rain - Time

It's Otep.

I discovered Infected Rain around the time their first single off 'Time' was released to the Napalm Records YouTube page. It was around then I heard about other bands with lead singers who can growl, which Ignea taught me I'm hella into, so I made a note and looked out for this release.

The first thing I noticed about 'Time' is that it sounds a lot like Otep. A woman who can growl and sing, often doubled up to sound so clean that it sounds disturbing, and a backing band that mixes nĂ¼ metal and general alt metal riffs. The lyrics are largely quite dark and depressing. The first song is about a love that leaves one person diminished. The next has us saying how we're all dying. But there are a couple of existential encouragement tracks.
---
Skill: Is it good? I'm not into this style, but I did enjoy the album overall. 1/2
Variation: Every song is largely the same, but there are a few key or tempo changes within songs. Lena Scissorhands has a huge range! 1/2
Bangers: 0/2
Replayability: I don't see myself coming back. 0/2
Extra: It's just under an hour, but the last stretch feels forever, and the lack of variation hurts. 1/2
Score: 3/10
If you like Otep, then check out Infected Rain. Personality, I'll stick with Lena's other act, Death Dealer Union.

No comments:

Post a Comment