Sunday, May 21, 2023

A three hour tutorial.

Is Advance Wars good? I don't know, but it sure is boring.

I can't get past the thirteen mission, three+ hour tutorial. It makes Final Fantasy XIII look streamlined and entertaining. I'm already dropping this one because of terrible game design. Ya'll couldn't have done what every other game has done and spread new concepts out? Or let us learn as we go? Or make all these missions last only a few turns?

Elsewhere, all the units look too much alike, and I'm getting confused. Who just died? That wasn't my Md Tank, was it? There are also too many units. Anything more than six, and the game starts getting slow. Tactics Ogre, Shining Force, and Fire Emblem have all cemented this for me.

I wasn't having fun, and I still had the last half of training to get through. And these missions weren't gimmes, either. Before I grow a hatred for Advance Wars, I'm just gonna leave.

0/50.

 Metal Gear sold eventuality.

No comments:

Post a Comment