It's the beginning of summer 1999. You, a small boy in Japan, are woken up by your mother the morning of a big trip. Your mother lets you write your name on a new backpack. You write Gon. And then you and Mama go down to get your lunch. She gives you steak and octopus shaped wieners, your favorite! You also get your allowance of 1000G. Assuming that's actually yen, that's about $9, American, in 1999. Before taking your bike and spending all summer with Grandma in Hokkaido, Mom asks you if you really want to go.
I don't want to bike 800 miles, so I say no. Seriously, Mom, allowing your child to get on a bike and travel 800 miles is probably child abuse. And you're letting me do this alone?
Mom is happy we're staying, but a tad disappointed, so she asks once more. I'm busy calling CWA, so Mom asks again to make sure I heard. The cops are here and tell me to go watch TV.
And then the game over screen appears!
Booya! I speed ran a video game!
Obviously, this is a joke ending, but it's still an ending. Is it a promise of things to come, or a funny scene in a heavy game? I don't know yet, but I wanted something to replace that previous game's lack of proper review. I'm eight away! I also wanted to declare that the next game I'm playing is G.O.D. - Growth or Devolution: Heed the Call to Awaken. I want to move on, but I don't think G.O.D. will work for daily updates. So this is me putting dirt over the grave of something else. See ya later!
No comments:
Post a Comment