Monday, February 23, 2026

Destiny fulfilled.

Over the last week, I’ve been making a new attempt at an old goal. During that week, it took seventy five in game hours (but forty IRL) to achieve something I had been trying for nearly twenty nine years. Since before the Gameboy had color, and I had depression. It took a romhack of an enhanced port, but that dream has resulted in success. As of 10:00 AM on the morning of February 38, 2036, I, Deadaghram, have caught all 151 generation one Pokémon. 

A part of me wishes I had done it through original, basic, Red, but I was ultimately going to “cheat” regardless. Trading with myself, Missingno glitch, fast forward spam; it was going to happen no matter what. So, using Ultra Violet, a romhack of Fire Red was cheating in other ways. In ways to save time. Rather than max rare candies, I spend fifty in game hours grinding before the Elite Four. I PKHexed that douche who blocks you from entering Cerulean Cave (which I should have done sooner). And with a team of Venusaur, Raichu, Golem, Arcanine, Vaporeon, and Dragonite, I stomped through Gary one last time. My dream achieved. 

I win. I’m a Pokémon master. 47/50.




No comments:

Post a Comment