Oh, hey, I edited.
The heart of Gravis Forest is actually just a cave. But the gimmick is something I don't think I've ever seen before. We can see holes within the dirt that surround us, but there's rarely a path to get there. However, we can make our own way across the dungeon. In the same way we can cut down trees, we can rend the dirt before us. Usually, at least. We can't dig everywhere, and paths tend to be obvious, but there are plenty of secrets hidden down here. I don't know why, but there was something really satisfying about this. Our goal is across a giant chasm in the top left. A lever there opens the door in the room before it. More red beatles block our path, and they're joined by the cheap red dragons. I have thoughts about them, but I'll save them for the appendix.
We'll be invited into an ornate room in the back of the cave, but the door closes as we RSVP. In the next room is a giant cicada. And it's sentient! It likes to say that humans are stupid and deserve to die. It assumes we're working with that "demon." We try to get more information about this demon, but we're not well liked, so a battle begins.
Screw it, here's the appendix. Battles in Blue Sphere suck. The entire game is about getting in the first attack and then comboing that into a barrage. If you're unable to get the first hit or kill them within six attacks, you've lost. Enemies don't have a windup in their attacks like we do, and our directional inputs aren't consistent. They're just too fast and easily chunk our HP. I really hate this, so I'm turning on Infinite HP for the rest of the game.
But the cicada, who kinda looks like a human driven submarine in battle, dies. It offers us no further information. We return to Rival with the knowledge, and she can fill us in on the history of this planet. Long ago, a massive tidal wave destroyed the ancient civilization that lived here. No one knows how it formed, but Rival believes that source is the demon that survivors would know. But there's a way to further investigate. South of Knott is the land of Screax. Deep in that land is a teleporter to an ancient city that might answer everything. Rival joins us again but heads to the ship. She had a Tri-emblem!? I started the trek through Screax but wanted to revisit those Aba ruins. Precis learned to swim last night, so let's see what the reward was! Trash; it was trash. But I enjoyed the submarine sections. There's a lot of fun stuff in this game if you can overlook the battle system. But is the story worth it? We'll find out...
...tomorrow!
Or, probably, in a few days, actually. Also, where are Rena and Claude?
No comments:
Post a Comment