Saturday, July 22, 2023

Time flows on.

Who's this jabroni?

---

"And so I traversed to the four corners of the great city of Kefin. When I used the key Stein gave me, the machines shut down. Doing that also summoned an elemental guardian, similar to the one in the Ruins of Zeibe, to attack me. Each represented a different element, and I was too busy running around to recall who was who. The battlefields weren't exactly flat, open areas, so teleporting monsters caused havoc. When this was done, I returned to the bar.

Now was the time to attack, but something more urgent came up. Stein was caught. He was being held captive in the west wing of the castle, near where he and I met. With little time to spare, I returned to the secret base. There was a locked door before, but it was open now. Stein's jail cell was surprisingly cushy, but it was guarded by a floor puzzle that I just jumped over.

Now was the time to strike. The Judgement of Fate ceremony was about to take place, and I had to be there. Orwell recognized Stoker's bracelet as something that could control the Judgement machine. We needed to break that to destroy the Philosopher's Stone. That rock is the reason Kefin was sealed outside the flow of time for 500 years. And it uses the souls of humans to power it. If it's stopped, then everything and everyone in Kefin will turn to dust. While I'm in the castle, the rest of the resistance will get everyone in town to the portal. Hopefully, I would find Niene and the Iburs there as well.

The first part went perfectly. I was first in line to be judged, and the bracelet worked. Jean collected the citizens to the portal, and Stein opened the door. The rest was up to me.

Inside Kefin Castle were the usual soldiers. For such a large building, I found it oddly easy to navigate. And it was certainly smaller on the inside. I guess the locked doors kept me from exploring too far.

The final commander tried to stop me. Karion was a ferocious opponent, and I see why he was here. He was quick and jumpy, his whip was hard to track, and he knew magic for when I got too far away. I ran as fast as I could and had to jump just as he tried to whip me. Of everything I've done since coming to Xandria, Karion pushed me the furthest. I learned much from him. But he forgot it all.

Behind the entryway to the castle is the Philosopher's Stone control panel. I turned it off and was taken to a strange location. Stoker brought me to his world in the void. He turned off the machine but asked me a favor. I woke up in Forsetta's Cave, where I slew the light demon. The white armor of the Kefin troops proceeded to the inner sanctum where Stoker and Forsetta had to part. Unlike before, I fought off the soldiers. I quickly returned to the castle I was originally in and found Massea and Stein waiting, wondering where everyone was. Rizze entered from behind me. Neine and the Iburs would be the final sacrifice. Their souls would bring Kefin back to the physical realm to rule it. We chased after her and met the real power of Kefin. Or at least his shadow. I ran around after him and stabbed him with my sword a few times when he became corporal while avoiding his magical attacks. It was a challenge, don't get me wrong, but I felt in control the whole time.

And beyond them were our friends trapped in tubes. Rizze freed them for some reason and prepared to revive Kefin. Neine tried to change her mind, and I learned Niene was from Kefin. Orwell sent her to the real world to fix the tear that Rizze came through. But Rizze, being the final member of the royal family, felt like she had an obligation to revive her kingdom. And so she attacked with the Philosopher's Stone and its fused alchemist, Jabir.

Jabir attacks with two orbs, not too dissimilar to the dark demon's hands. But these things were tanky and quick to respawn. I had no choice but to assault the floating Jafir while dodging everything. The lasers from off the map, the orbs, and the black holes they spewed kept me on my toes. I had to kite the orbs around, so this was a long fought war. Fortunately, I bought plenty of health potions.

Kefin began to turn to dust as soon as I won. Neine and I were brought to another place for the battle, but we were separated after. I hoped she would have made it to the portal, but Massea and Stein told me she never did. Kefin was mostly dust by this point, so the three of us followed all the citizens back to the physical realm. We had no choice.

I went to Forseta Village when I made it back. The plaque that was in the middle of town was replaced with a statue that looked similar to me. The prophecy on it was also much different... Willy was tending to it, but we entered the cave again. Forseta was gone! The spirits of her and Stoker appeared before me! My favor for Stoker changed time and saved them both. Stoker told me that he found Niene before Kefin collapsed. The bracelet he was trapped in was the time bracelet. It holds all who wear it in a statis like state. And he gave it to Niene. She should be with Stein by now. Poor Willy was lost, but we headed to Xandria. Peace was restored, and we heard the unmistakable sound of an ocarina. Niene was alive!

Niene, Stein, Massea, and Willy had a big feast that night. Willy asked to join me on my next adventure, but he's too young to come along. I would have to ask Dogi anyway, and who knows where he is? So I pretended to sleep. I woke up early, and Stein and Niene saw me off. I wanted to get on my way quickly. I overheard Terra getting mad at me, demanding I see her in five years when she's grown up. Sadly, I'd see her before those five years... Willy was upset, but I'll make it up to him one day.

But my name is Adol Christin, the red haired adventurer from Garmin! And my next adventure awaits!"

-Adol

---

Adol's Theme, the Boy Who Had Wings, plays as he randomly swings his sword around the fields of Xandria. Sometimes he kills a day one mob. It's weird, but we also see some humorous scenes with the friends we've made in the places I've been. This plays under the credits. But our final image is Adol, standing in a field. It's very cinematic for the SNES. Alongside him is one word:

FIN

No comments:

Post a Comment