I was busy. Here's all plot. Sorry, I probably forgot most of it.
---
"Before we entered this mysterious town on the otherside of the river, we marveled at its advanced technology. Duren said it rivaled that of the Romun capital. We could see several windmills from outside the gate, and we'll notice the fountain and street lights later on. And then we prepared to be thrown in jail again...
As we approached the gate guard... He screamed, called me a ghost, and ran into the city. I guess this is progress? Several other townsfolk were gathered around as we showed up. They were shocked and confused until a young girl with pink hair showed up. This is Calilika, and she can actually understand what's going on. She informed us that everyone thinks I'm dead because I disappeared a few days ago, and they only found my stuff near a waterfall. They assumed I had drowned. Calilika scolded me for leaving without informing anyone and then losing my memories in the process. But we'd wind up going to her house, which is also the house of the mayor.
We spoke to Mayor Aaron, and he asked us to stay in the house tonight. So it's kinda like we're in jail. They'd tell the citizens what happened, so we could move in the morning. Everyone went to bed, but I couldn't sleep. I snuck out through the window and took a walk. It didn't last long because I saw a girl walking up the stairs toward a chapel. Inside was the girl, Leeza. I remembered her because her face jogged my memory. I've met a winged being before by the name of Eldeel, and she's the one who introduced me to him. Eldeel is a being who controls the balance of power on the planet. He teaches about war, vaccines, and other technologies to make sure everything is even. It is he that changed the tide between Romn and Altago. This sudden surge of recall, ironically, has caused me to forget everything Lezza and I talked about now, though. I'm pretty sure it was simple platitudes. I returned to the mayor's manner and fell asleep.
In the morning, Calilika gave us a tour of the town. We met the man who made my grave. He was remorseful about jumping the gun, but I forgave him. He was still depressed, so we left before making anything worse. Per tradition, though, all my stuff is in that grave. We met a strange inventor before speaking to Lezza at the church. She and another apostle of Eldeel told us more about their roles. That information and the stuff we learned from the two scholars who track Eldeel started to give us an idea of who this winged being is.
But we visited my grave first. I gave us the go ahead to grave rob me, which means there was no curse! We returned to the Underground Ruins exit and dug up my coffin. Inside was a disappointment. Nothing was there. Did someone else loot my corpse? All we found was a torn piece of paper that mentioned I was given a mask. By who? Eldeel? Is it related to the masks that the Comodo kidnapped wore?
Regardless, it was time to speak to Eldeel. We asked Lezza to set up a meeting for us. We can't just walk there because the eternal storm will strike at anyone who tries to venture in. It's one of the defense mechanisms. Another is the memory wipe that affects everyone who leaves Highland. So it appears I would have lost my memories of Eldeel, but no one's sure why I lost everything. Sadly, Lezza couldn't make that meeting. Despite being an immortal who's never been sick, hurt, or missing, the god of this world is suddenly ill.
Something was wrong, and Duren knew it. He wanted to meet the being whose been worshiped for 800 years. Ozma agreed and was very focused on something. So I showed them my escape route and started the climb to the tower. The weather got worse as we approached, but nothing tried to block our path. And if these kangaroo spearmen can survive here, so can we! But we needed a rest. There was a safe spot before the base of the tower, and we took a break. The uptick in lightning lulled me into a slumber, and I remembered something else. I asked Eldeel so many questions that he complained about being exhausted. Even he seemed shocked, so he either had a sense of humor or really is ill. Lezza brought us tea, and Eldeel thought we'd be a cute couple. She was embarrassed.
Who really is Eldeel? He seems benevolent, but I don't know if I like being guided by someone other than myself. Guess we'll find out soon."
-Adol
---
My boss finally patched the game again!
No comments:
Post a Comment