Why have I been calling her Lenna?
The Ancient Library is a ways south of Karnak. It's past a dangerous desert, but you might be able to get Aqua Rake if you venture in. It's filled with researchers who are looking for a man named Mid. Others are reading old books, and even a few are burning them. But only the possessed ones. Mid went into the basement, which is filled with monsters. So we have to save him.
Along the way, we run into a lot of mobs that can teach us more blue magic. Watch out for Level 5 Doom. Make sure everyone but your blue mage isn't at level fifteen, or your party will get wiped in one round. All the monsters are from books, and the battles last a varying amount of mobs. It's usually two or three, but my first had me against six. It got me four ABP, but it was a one off. The gimmick here has us trying to move bookshelves or walking in the dark. Fortunately, it's pretty short. When you reach a sentient bookshelf that blocks your path, find the secret passageway in the room before it. Following that brings us to Ifrit! Use ice magic and keep healing. I had issues, but it's only because this trainer class sucks. Ifrit will join us as a summon and command the shelve to let us through.
Deeper down is a man in a state of hypnosis. We call out to him, but he doesn't respond. We sense something is up with him as two books attack us.
Byblos isn't fun. I tried to defeat him normally, but I couldn't. Even using Fire 2, his drain spell, which I feel is a counter, restores too much of his HP. He also casts Protect on himself, making it impossible to dela damage. Byblos also loves status ailments. The ribbon can't be worn by anyone, so it's of no help. Frog, confuse, and slow aren't fun! The cheese strat is to use Doom Claw. It'll take a few tries, but if it hits, he'll have low HP. I didn't get Magic Hammer, but I can keep playing.
The man in the room is Mid, and he's hella into the book he's reading. It's information on how to power the Fire Ship without the crystal. Mid opens a secret path back to the surface and runs off to find his grandfather, Cid.
Cid's drowning his sorrows at the pub, and we beat Mid there. After a short conversation, Mid enters, calls out to his grandpa, and playfully beats him up. Mid says it's unlike Cid to just give up, which inspires Cid to get to work. We all look over the book, as the engineer boys run to the Fire Ship. We see them fixing it up, but it'll take a while.
The party rests in the captain's quarters, where Galuf remembers stuff. Mid beating up Cid jogged his brain, and he recalls when his own granddaughter did the same thing. Galuf was at a castle when Krile, the girl Siren showed us, cheered him up. What's a bigger shocker is that Galuf is from another world. The chocolate chip cookies are an interplanetary transport system Galuf used to come to this world. He needs to protect them because he and his friends sealed an ancient evil, X-Death! X-Death was sealed in the forest west of the Wind Shrine fifty (and/or thirty) years ago by Galuf and three of his friends. No one questions this, and we all go to bed. We wake up to see C/Mid sleeping after a long night of work. But they're done. They ask us to protect the final crystal and give us the Fire Ship. We can now sail across the whole ocean, which I'll do...
...tomorrow!
Fire 2 makes quick work of Shiva. Once Galuf gets beastmaster to level two, I'll switch him back to Ted Mage. I need a way to control monsters to learn good blue magic, which I'll about to get. Blue Magic is rad, but it can be pretty tedious and questionable. But it did save me tonight, so it's a sign!
No comments:
Post a Comment