Finally, a short update!
We left Ayla's hut and traveled to the village of Laruba. Laruba was once hidden in the forest, fleeing the Reptites. A little girl tells us they followed Ayla here. A few villagers blame us for this happening. The Reptites also kidnapped Kino. We find Ayla having an argument with the Laruba Elder. It shows the differences between the two tribes and the duality of man. Laruba doesn't want to fight, but Ayla knows that humans have to if they wish to survive. She becomes demanding, wanting vengeance on Azala for her cowardly comrades, it seems. She insults him with a quote a lot of people like: "Old man breathe, but dead on inside!" I don't know how I feel about it, but I understand why a lot would. Eventually, the Elder tells Ayla where the dactyls are, she goes after them, and we go after her. The Elder asks us to take care of her.
The Dactyl's Nest is to the north. It's a winding path dungeon, and I'm starting to see an archetype forming in CT's dungeons. It's not a bad thing, but I've never noticed it before. Regardless, none of the mobs here are scary, nor do they have any gimmicks. There are sentient volcanoes around, and their head blows off when you attack them, but this changes nothing about their stats or AI. There isn't a boss here, either.
At the top of the mountain are Ayla and a pterodactyl. She's glad to see us and informs us she's heading to the base of the Reptites, but she doesn't want us to come. All of us might die, and she's worried. Glenn, though, knows that we're friends, so we'll fight each other's battles side-by-side. Ayla is glad she has strong friends and joins the party. Another anime cutscene happens where we all jump on the back of the pterodactyls, and we fly off into the Tyrano Lair! These scenes are, low-key, one of my favorite in the game. I only noticed it recently, but there's a red star shining in the sky for that conversation. Something world altering is coming... But we'll see what that is...
... tomorrow!
The Royal Rumble was tonight, and it ran longish. I also wanted to get some work done on "my" game, so I didn't play as much as I normally would. What extra time I had, I dedicated to some TP grinding against Nus in the Hunting Grounds. I wanted Ayla to learn Charm. It took longer than I thought, so I quit. The upcoming bosses don't have anything too great, so I've got time... Robby learned Cure Beam, and Crono's about to learn Life. The new anime opening shows Robo joining the group for the upcoming dungeon, so I'm bringing him along!
No comments:
Post a Comment