Monday, May 3, 2021

What Lies Beyond the Battle pt. 1

Flonne soliloquies about her plans to return to Celestia to confront Lamington/the Seraph. Laharl reminds her that she might face him as an enemy because, as Etna put it, he should have known what's going on. Jennifer thinks he might be the mastermind, and the Prince reminds her he did send Flonne to kill King K. Flonne remains loyal to him, however. Suddenly, Laharl offers to join her. He says it's to see the Seraph, but everyone teases him, thinking it's because he's worried about Flonne. Everyone else gives a reason to come along, and Flonne is thrilled she has friends.

The last few preparations can be made here. If you read all of Etna's diaries, you get the Testament item if you try to read this episode's diary. There is no new entry for tonight, though. Etna wonders who could have put it there, seeing as no one knows about this room but her. All of the secret location bills can be found in the Dark Assembly. You still have to pass them, which is easier said than done.

Stage One has us at the juncture point between dimensions, and Flonne tells us its history. A Seraph, long ago, created this and, because of that, only Celestians can use the gate. As they go through it, we see Mid-boss! They no longer believe Flonne... After the humans ask who the Dark Adonis really is, he says he's merely passing by. Mid-boss then says he's here to test the team's resolve. He remains cagey until after the fight. As for said fight, it's against three Maderas' and a level 75 Mid-boss. If you spoke to all the vassals in the palace, one in the throne room should give you a high powered sword. Equip that on Laharl, and he can take out most of the vampire's HP in a single Hurricane Slash. I used my warrior (Tryton) to finish it off. The other eight party members can take out a second one on the same round. Use the same tactics on round two, and Mid-boss might only get one attack in. It's a very east fight, and take notice of the EXP +100% field. We'll be back here a lot, and I wish I had done this last night instead of wasting two hours in the Forest of the Dead.

Even after the fight, Mid-boss remains mysterious, but he has lost his bravado. It's not out of it being beaten out of him, but it was fake, to begin with. He talks about "good and evil" and how all three races use them terribly. This triggers a memory in Flonne with the Seraph. Mid-boss then encourages us before leaving again with his fake bravado, and everyone but the demons thinks he's cool. I'm just glad there's more to him than we've seen. We then cut to Master Lamington and Vulcanus. The bearded one is yelling that Flonne has begun her invasion of Heaven, and Lamington leaves the matter to him, but on the condition that they're captured. Vulcanus ignores that order and wants to kill them to "become a god and establish absolute peace in the universe." He's the good guy, for sure.

Stage Two is when we're re-introduced to an army of angels. They've come to kill the traitor Flonne, by order of Vulcanus, and ignore her cries of peace. The angels speak in a monotone, robotic voice, and it's quite disturbing. The rest of the team is behind Flonne, but she doesn't want to fight. With some words from Laharl, she gains the strength needed to fight. There is another scene between Lamington and the voice. They remain secretive but discuss that this plan will lead to their punishment. They're oddly okay with that. It's all about the future for them. This battle has two warp Geo Crystals on it, so I can't really give any strategy. It's against more angels, who aren't anything to worry about. I took out one of the Crystals for the EXP but didn't bother with the other. Good luck, Flonne believes in you!
Stage Three has us meeting with Vulcanus. He and Flonne reconnect, and everyone points out how evil he looks. He gets upset at this true statement and explains his actions and the crimes Flonne committed. They don't make sense, of course. Flonne tries to talk him out of it, but evil is as evil does. He's a militant angel, which is an odd job title, but it explains most of his actions. I still don't know how he came to the conclusion that Flonne is evil. Eventually, Flonne sends him reeling. She says she pities him and states all of the things she's learned since being in the Netherworld. Demons can show love, and humans can be strong. She ends her speech by saying the only evil here is "in your heart," which gets everyone pumped. Gordon dubs her the 39th Defender of Earth. Vulcanus keeps thinking he's the good guy and attacks us with angels. The battle is against more angels. Make use of the Geo Crystals, and it's a simple task.
Stage Four has, you guessed it, more angels! Before the excitement, Laharl points out that we haven't seen the Seraph. Everyone wonders why he hasn't saved Flonne from Vulcanus. Flonne keeps thinking that Lamington is on her side because trusting someone you respect is love. Everyone remains behind her, even if Laharl has to give an alternative reason to do so. Flonne ends it by knowing she'll be punished but states how much she loves her friends. Then we do battle, and it sucks. We have to walk through a maze. While we walk, we can be attacked by high powered magic, archers, and one OP sword user who spams Wind Cutter. It took a few tries, but keep your characters toward the far side of the map, so you don't ganged up on. When you need to get close to the middle, inch slowly, square by square, until you can get around the bend in one turn. I had a thrower near the middle of the path to give Laharl a few extra steps. It, mostly, worked. I also kept a few characters in the spawn point. It's a one block path, so there was no need to create a traffic jam. Some of the enemies are in the maze, so Shield/Wall/Braveheart Laharl to take them out with Overlord's Wrath. It may be luck, but the best way to win is to hope every one else stays away. Whatever you do, do not summon a Geo Turret near the spawn. Everyone will gather around to destroy that, which also brings them closer to you. I hate Giga Wind!
Stage Five has us against Vulcanus again. We call him a villain, and he says he'll prove he is a good guy...by summoning demons. Yep, he's a good guy, alright. Vulcanus summons five Greater Demons that he's promised the Netherworld to if they kill Laharl and crew. Etna wishes the Prince would have been a better role model, and Vulcanus teleports off. Laharl is worried, and Gordon thinks about retreating. Suddenly, from behind us, we hear a voice of encouragement. From out of the shadows comes...a green Prinny. Who's this guy!? It ends up being Kurtis! He wanes poetic about being a hero and reveals that he committed too many sins in his life, so he needs to be a Prinny. Sadly, he doesn't say dood, dood. His words rekindle the flame, and he joins the team against the demons after we stop laughing at him, of course. Friendship power beats everything! I didn't use him, but he has the same moves he did as a human. As for the actual fight, have Laharl defend for two rounds to get them together. If they're nearby, the demons have no issues beating themselves up, which you can use to your advantage. I thought about just letting someone Defend for a few turns, but I was worried they'd overwhelm the Spawn Point, and I wouldn't be able to get anyone else out. The Guardian type mob is probably the strongest, so do what you will. I didn't have any issues here, but the remaining five party members I had at the end didn't have too much HP left, so I almost did. Gordon and Kurtis talk about how we almost retreated before, and Gordon defends himself as best he can. What's actually important is Flonne says we're about to enter the Seraphic Sanctuary, home to only the highest ranking of angels.

But I called it a night here. We're slightly over halfway through the final episode, and endings always have a lot of plot in them. I don't want to type two episodes worth of stuff. Plus, it was getting late, so it just makes sense. Tomorrow is the final conclusion to Disgaea, and I don't think I've killed teammates. I don't know the Good Ending, but I'm excited (I say before I see the Seraph's OP, BS power...)!

No comments:

Post a Comment