First up was Raypoint Wing. It’s floating in the air west of Sylvaland.
The first thing there is a giant wooden slab. Use Tim's Wind Push tool to move it. I’ll be saying that a lot for this bit, and I want you to know I hate it. The animation takes too long for how often we’ll be pushing stuff. Push another slab in the next room and use Pooka on the chest a ways away. It contains Tim’s final Tool, Air Cape. It allows Tim to, more or less, teleport two squares away and pass through chain link fences. Flowing air, which we encounter in the next room, aids us to teleport further. There’s a wind vane outside that controls how the wind blows. It'll blow wherever direction you're facing.
When we’re next outside, we have a boss fight. Tim becomes resolute in his desire to fight alongside and save his friends. The Spriggan, Wing Knight, is easy. It hits hard but only on one target. It’s faster than you, so cast quick on your party and use Brad’s multi target ARMS to widdle down the main guys' HP while destroying his shield.
Behind that is a four way path. Down each path is a tablet that is used to unlock the door to our destination. From the monolith, input the cloud, moon, sun, and star tablet in that order. Behind that is the Mana Crystal. It asks Tim why he fights. Tim, essentially, says the same thing as Ashley did yesterday. He just wants to save the future from them needing to sacrifice another Pillar. He wants to bring everlasting peace to Filgaia. The crystal finds this answer acceptable. The Mana is unlocked, Tim gains a new special, and Pooka gains a sense of self worth. Our pink flying bear isn’t just a puppet now.
Next up, we go to the western bridge. We head there, use Tim’s new Tool to pass through the gate, and raise the bridge. Raising the bridge opens the way for the hovercraft to pass under the bridge and into the southern bay, where Kanon’s dungeon is. Once we get to Raypoint Muse, we need to lower the water level in the central room. To do so, venture into each wing and turn the wheel at the end of the path. There are simple box puzzles in the way but aren't a problem. At the bottom is the new Spriggan, Muse Knight. It’s just as easy as the other one, and it protects Kanon’s new Tool, Jump Boots. These boots, in the bottom doorway, allow Kanon to make massive jumps at designated spots. Return to the save point and climb the stairs this time. Read the terrible clue and return to the second chest in the dungeon. Use the boots, and you’ll be above the terrible clue. The next puzzle is jumping on wooden slabs to make them fall to the room below. Jump on the second and third slabs in the rooms, and we can walk to the crystal. The final puzzle is making all the statues look at each other.
Beyond this is the Mana Crystal. Kanon has a heart-to-heart to clear her confusion with her former self. She answers why she became a cyborg...which I didn’t understand. In the end, she confirms her desire to fight with her friends as that’s what a real hero would do. She also unlocks her level 4 Gat skill. I still can’t use level 2, so who cares?
Reypoint Flam, Lillia’s dungeon, is next, located just north of Palace Village. Inside is her third Tool, the Change Rod. That rod changes large healing crystals into walkable paths and vice versa. Use them to create the needed floors to proceed but don’t worry about changing all of them. Some will block ways to chests, and others may be wanted to heal, so proceed at your leisure. At her crystal, she must confront her past. She accepts the difference between her and her sister, something she’s been struggling with the entire game. Only after hearing her voice say it’s okay to be yourself does she let herself go. She's been in her sister's shadows the whole game, even when joining ARMS. The invite was her the unnamed big sister, but she's trying to fill in. Ultimately, since the Eleniak Witch-Girl is dead, there can't really be a good ending for this, but I think this as good as we could get.
The last dungeon is north of the inner sea, Geo. It seems maze-like but is actually straightforward. You’ll need to cause an earthquake, Brad's new Tool, to make platforms swing and floors fall. Bombs trigger odd walls, and you’ll need to kick down a giant monolith. At the end, Brads confronts his past. It’s more along the lines of what a hero is, but it fits the narrative this subplot is trying to get at. I’ll be honest, I’m super into that plot, and it’s my favorite part of the game.
As we go to exit the dungeon, we call Valeria to inform him we’re done. We then return to the Chateau, where the bossman contacts the other nations asking to use their Life Reflectors. After we get permission, we then, somehow, use them and Mana to trap the approaching purple mass in a Trapezohedron. It only manages to capture 25% of 1%, but we have to squash it anyway. Which I go to do...
...tomorrow!
To finish up, I went to the meteor crater in the south. I found a new guardian and several random artifacts I think work alongside it. I’m not sure, but I think the end of Wild Arms 2 is near. I’m not gonna say it’s overstaying its welcome, but I’m ready to end this. The game does some good things, but...uh...I don’t know...
No comments:
Post a Comment