Friday, February 26, 2021

Side quests and set up.

The first thing I did was enter the Crimson Castle. It’s a nonsensical maze of hallways, stairwells, and switches. Despite its size, there are no rooms for people to live. Not a single kitchen, living room, sex dungeon, or bathroom. A few libraries, though...

Eventually, we get to a stairway down, along with a warning to all who enter. Ignore those three warnings, and you’ll enter a room with a coffin in the middle. Everyone wonders what’s up with the place until it begins to rumble. And out of the dead bed comes Marivel! She's excited to see us and lets us know that she, a Crimson Noble, is the rightful heir to Filgaia. She joins the team to defend her land. I don’t think she’s useful, but I’ll look into teaching her spells later. I’ve read she’s a blue mage, which is super rad.

Next up was the nearby Werewolf Cave. It’s pitch black, and I couldn’t find anything. Reading a guide tells me to blow stuff up with Brad. I couldn’t find anything to bomb, so I just started randomly placing them. After opening up two holes, I stumble upon a lit room with a faint sigil on the floor. Everyone walks onto it and discusses what it could mean. Once everyone’s said their peace, they hear a voice in their head. It asks us for the name of the Guardian of Desire. If you remember the segment with Anastasia, you should know that guardian is Lucinid. Ashley is teleported away to talk with our good boy. Eventually, all goes well, and he grants Ashley his power. All Ashley had to do was answer Lucinid’s question as Anastasia would: he just wants to snuggle with Marina. Ashley can now use the attack Mad Lucinid. I have no idea how to use it.

Next up is something I’m taking out of order. To advance the plot, we need to visit four Layline places throughout the world. Inside are the third tools for Tim, Lillia, Brad, and Kanon. All but Kanon’s is very close to the entrance, so collect your tools and head to the Odd Headquarters near Damzen. Use Marivel’s tool to grant the robot in the basement life, and we will now have access to the Black Market. It's one guy who sells healing items. I bought 99 Heal Berries and Mega Berries. Behind him is a secret treasure. You’ll need to use the new tools for Illia and Tim, Ashley’s Knife Hurl move, and I guess Brad and Kanon weren’t relevant... Regardless, the treasure is a Teddy Dear that stops luck from dropping at inns. I don’t know what luck does, but I do appreciate a good teddy bear!

And that’s all I’m writing tonight. I did finish Tim’s dungeon, as well as most of Kanon’s, but I’ll write up tomorrow about them. I want to keep things connected as such as I did with the Diablo Pillars.

No comments:

Post a Comment