Thursday, April 18, 2024

Dragon Quest VII...check in?

Or is it? 

I have been playing Dragon Quest VII for a monthand I've somehow only clocked in twenty hours. In that time, I've returned several nations to our world, gotten yelled at by the king, and watched a friend leave for his destiny and love. And I still haven't begun the plot or reached the main draw of the combat. I'm on the doorstep, but that door is hella locked. 

Last night, I reached Dharma Temple and fell for the trap. I was warped to an area where I couldn't use magic or skills. Unfortunately, I'm now at a boss fight against two strong beasts, and I can't heal. This sucks. 

I haven't been having fun. This has given me big DQVI vibes, and now I'm stuck against a douchebag will a bunch of health and can blind me. For some reason, cheat codes aren't working, either. I don't know if I want to keep playing. I know I've got a million more hours, but I'm unsure if jobs will make that more worthwhile. I'm gonna give it one more night to get through this nonsense, but expect this to be the final DQVII update. It would have been a great game for my nightly updates, so it doubly sucks I'm not gonna finish it. But it also sucks, so never mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment