Tuesday, March 7, 2023

Castle of Illusions

Were we prepared for the upcoming siege? We hoped so.

The terrain made for an excellent natural barrier, but we found the path north of the mountains and went around the lake. We saw the enormous castle, and it looked familiar. It was Larasia, but the usual faces didn't act how I'm used to. Everyone was worshiping Harkon. But then we remembered what we'd been told. This was all an illusion. Paul threw Rubiss' Charm into the air, and the illusion vanished. It was still quite grand, but my phony friends weren't here. We found a secret door behind the throne and proceeded (safely) across the painful floors. It was a quick walk up the few flights of Harkon's Hall, and the keep was surprisingly not defended. We met a few of his elite underlings, but Atlas, Puzuzu, and Belial posed little threat. The three power shields, Defense, and Increase were wise investments. And that left only the shocked visage of the dark priest himself.

Talking isn't any of our specialties, so we went right into the fray! Harkon was immune to most of our debuff spells, but he couldn't handle our sheer power. His magic attacks pushed us to our limits, but Paul's Increase did its job. My thunder sword felled our enemy, and Akina got her revenge.

As he called out to his dark god, we celebrated our victory. Not wanting to look like scrubs, we healed up and made sure to use our prayer rings. And it's a good thing, too.

As we tried to leave, fire erupted from the floor. Harkon's last words were to sacrifice himself to Malroth. It's time to kill a god!

He was so fast. I don't understand how Malroth acted so quickly, but we were running defense the whole battle. He occasionally tried to up his protection, so Akina negated it. Once again, Increase protected us from our opponent's fire breath. We need to find whoever made our power shields and knight them. They were our fourth party member. The worst part of this was how the god completely negated Explodet. But that means Akina was on heal duty, so the joke was on him. This went on for hours. All four of us showed no signs of slowing down until Akina saw an opening. With Malroth's eyes on me, our princess smashed the entire lightning staff over his head. The glass, electricity, and shame washed over him. Moonbrook sent their regards.

The winds around Torland changed. It felt peaceful. We won. Just as our ancestor had, the demons that once roamed the planet were gone. We revisited a few locations and got our egos stroked.
The King of Alefgard promised to come out of hiding. He's not our blood relative, right?
Paul had an argument with his sister, but uncle Sam said we should return to Larasia.
The grounds were empty, but that's because everyone was waiting for us in the throne room. The celebrations were quick to begin, but my dad decided to step down. He forced me to become King, which I didn't want to do. All this traveling has given me wanderlust, and I don't want to settle down. I snuck out during the fireworks.

Maybe you'll hear the name of Zelda again, my descendants. I want to help rebuild Moonbrook, and then who knows where I'll go. I think I overhear some angry baboons...

-Fin.

No comments:

Post a Comment